Will This Gpu Work?...

JustBored
Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

You don’t necessarily need a better gpu, but it’s a very strange pairing.

Thats a relatively decent high end cpu with a fairly old high end gpu. It’ll still do a lot but the 580 would definitely be holding you back 9 times out of 10.

Considering you have it already, no reason to not use it and see if it’s good enough for your needs.

If the GTX 580 turns out to play everything you want to play well, then you don’t need to upgrade. But an upgrade would be recommended for the system to manage much more anyway.

Hey im going to get a i7 8700k but i only have an evga gtx 580 will that work or do i need a better one ?

It will work. But I won't have any new drivers support. It will maybe run gtaV, but nothing more powerful 

You don’t necessarily need a better gpu, but it’s a very strange pairing.

Thats a relatively decent high end cpu with a fairly old high end gpu. It’ll still do a lot but the 580 would definitely be holding you back 9 times out of 10.

Considering you have it already, no reason to not use it and see if it’s good enough for your needs.

If the GTX 580 turns out to play everything you want to play well, then you don’t need to upgrade. But an upgrade would be recommended for the system to manage much more anyway.