Did running my monitor at a high refresh rate kill it?

the popo

Context:

I have a LG Ultragear 144 hz monitor. A while ago, I turned off V-sync off in my games and turned up the refresh rate to 120 (from 60) in hopes of getting a better framerate. It worked, but I starting noticing my monitor randomly going black after about a month. This issue has increased in frequency to the point that my games are now unplayable. Could the high refresh rate and no V-sync combo have killed my monitor?

(attached video of the issue)

refresh rate is not going to matter. V-sync does not matter.

144hz is what it should handle, so long you didn't overclock it (like trying to push the screen above 144hz), for example the same way you can do with an CPU.

That should maybe be an issue to get your warranty? and maybe try to talk with LG?

If it's a signal issue like "put to sleep" or an hardware error with that unit. Also if the power connected to the monitor has been safe? that there is no chance something from the power cable have fried something? Could also be the monitor are having a defect exposed by time.

17 hours ago, the popo said:

Context:

I have a LG Ultragear 144 hz monitor. A while ago, I turned off V-sync off in my games and turned up the refresh rate to 120 (from 60) in hopes of getting a better framerate. It worked, but I starting noticing my monitor randomly going black after about a month. This issue has increased in frequency to the point that my games are now unplayable. Could the high refresh rate and no V-sync combo have killed my monitor?

(attached video of the issue)

I think it´s the cable. Try with a different cable.