Unable to format SSD to it's original capacity.

Kiki25

I just did clonning to my new ssd from my hdd. I'm using a macrium reflect 7. Initially, my new ssd was detected and it read there is 500GB unallocated space. but once the clonning process was ongoing, in the middle of the way, it was failed to clone. and suddenly just crashed.

image.png.c742f3259c5779c0a775147adfcbbfd1.pngimage.png.72c2a2fb55a691c472cd4bd5057823ac.png

In addition, the ssd now being named nvme controller.

THE ssd nvme im using is xpg sx6000 lite 512gb

any idea how i can solve this issue ?

First, you cannot straight up clone a larger drive to a smaller drive. If this is what you are attempting to do it will never work. You may be able to create an image of the HDD and then move that onto the SSD, but I don't personally have any experience with that.

I see you are in diskpart, have you tried to select disk 1 and then issue the clean command. This will erase everything on the drive and remove any formatting of the drive. You can then format it either through diskpart of disk manager.

Beet me to it.  I agree with Russia   that should reset it..  if not contact ssd maker for erase tool.  (normally a bootable USB that will reset the crud out of it. )

9 minutes ago, BecauseRussia said:

First, you cannot straight up clone a larger drive to a smaller drive. If this is what you are attempting to do it will never work. You may be able to create an image of the HDD and then move that onto the SSD, but I don't personally have any experience with that.

I see you are in diskpart, have you tried to select disk 1 and then issue the clean command. This will erase everything on the drive and remove any formatting of the drive. You can then format it either through diskpart of disk manager.

i did use the clean command and it said suceed but yet still the same

image.png.2b496dfa4f1768367497815c4ffe7f36.png

6 minutes ago, True said:

Beet me to it.  I agree with Russia   that should reset it..  if not contact ssd maker for erase tool.  (normally a bootable USB that will reset the crud out of it. )

i never do it before though. let me try