Is 75% efficiency OK

reinard.burger.
Go to solution Solved by reinard.burger.,

I bought a cooler master elite p700 ver.3 butt it's only rated 75%@ typical load will that be fine. I'm running a i5 3470 with a gtx 1060 3gb 12gb ddr3.

I bought a cooler master elite p700 ver.3 butt it's only rated 75%@ typical load will that be fine. I'm running a i5 3470 with a gtx 1060 3gb 12gb ddr3.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

this unit doesn't seem to be great, but can't find any good reviews

AFAIK its good enough that its not an immediate ticking time bomb. Not a good purchase decision imo.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

11 minutes ago, reinard.burger. said:

Any recommended psu?

make sure to use the quote button or we won't see your responses

what country

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

26 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

AFAIK its good enough that its not an immediate ticking time bomb. Not a good purchase decision imo.

Any recommended psu?

2 minutes ago, reinard.burger. said:

Any recommended psu?

What country? Hidden good stuffs are everywhere but only in certain countries, and sometimes a good PSU can be very expensive while somewhere else its cheap.

General recommendation? Corsair CX Series, Super Flower Leadex Gold lineup, Seasonic Focus GX and their Rebrands.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

make sure to use the quote button or we won't see your responses

what country

South Africa 

1 minute ago, reinard.burger. said:

South Africa 

unfortunately I'm not familiar with south african prices on PSU models. Have you had a look at the PSU tier list?

I recommend you pick some power supplies that fit in your budget, then find them on the tier list to compare. Anything in the 450 watt to 550 watt range will be good for you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, reinard.burger. said:

Do you have a link to the webshop?  It might be helpful to provide a link so that a better recommendation can be made 

CM Elite V3 is bad. You don't need 700w for your rig. If you need 700w you have a system with high-end gpu and with a high-end gpu you don't use a crappy psu. Corsair CV450 for example is much better for a lower price. Or https://m.takealot.com/cooler-master-mwe-450w-white-230v-v2-power-supply/PLID68749801 for the same price with a more modern platform.