r9 280x artifacting

akranjc71

Today I bought an r9 280x Vapor-X Tri-X and when I installed all of the drivers I booted up my computer and found the blue color on my background artifacting purple. Is this a driver bug or is this hardware failure? It does it with all instances of this shade of blue, but it does it only on my main monitor. The second monitor is connected by an USB to VGA adapter since I don't have a DVI cable on hand so maby that's why it doesn't do it. BTW I don't have integrated graphics, I'm running a 5800x.

Oh and when I exit 3D mode it feels super laggy and the screen freezes for a couple seconds every couple seconds. Restart fixes it but that's quite annoying.

Are these just software problems or did I get scamed?

IMG_0491[1].JPG

11 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

Looks like lowered color depth

In AMD settings it says 8bpc. There are no other options.

14 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

Looks like lowered color depth

but yes, the colors do look a bit off

Just now, akranjc71 said:

In AMD settings it says 8bpc. There are no other options.

* From your desktop, hold-and-press or right click any empty area, and click on Screen Resolutions from menu.
* It will open the Screen Resolution properties via Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display. Tap or click on the Advanced Settings link.
* Go to the Adapter Tab, click on List All Modes at the bottom. Pick up the color mode (bit) with screen resolution you would like to use from lists, and click OK button.

However, you should notice that the list of valid modes only include 32-bit, without 16-bit. Because Windows 10 and 8 haven’t directly supported 16-bit Colour. If you want to use 16 bit programs or applications for resolving the problem, try this method by running it in compatible mode.
* Right click the shortcut of app to open its Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, check Reduce color mode box, and select 16-bit(65536) color, then click OK button.
* You need to repeat the way for each app shortcut. It is useful to speed up older PC’s.

13 minutes ago, FrodoX570 said:

* From your desktop, hold-and-press or right click any empty area, and click on Screen Resolutions from menu.
* It will open the Screen Resolution properties via Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display. Tap or click on the Advanced Settings link.
* Go to the Adapter Tab, click on List All Modes at the bottom. Pick up the color mode (bit) with screen resolution you would like to use from lists, and click OK button.

However, you should notice that the list of valid modes only include 32-bit, without 16-bit. Because Windows 10 and 8 haven’t directly supported 16-bit Colour. If you want to use 16 bit programs or applications for resolving the problem, try this method by running it in compatible mode.
* Right click the shortcut of app to open its Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, check Reduce color mode box, and select 16-bit(65536) color, then click OK button.
* You need to repeat the way for each app shortcut. It is useful to speed up older PC’s.

I don't see the screen resolution option and I don't see the display option in control panel too