Ram ddr4

Hi. I have a dell inspiron 15 5070 with ddr4 4gb ram 2400mhz . But i replaced it with a 8gb ram but with 2666mhz crucial the 8gb ram it was a suggestion by crucial official website. But in the bios and in windows manager it says it is using 2400. How do i make it 2666mhz i don't know if there is xmp in my bios or i can used like this but will it affect my motherboard or components.. i need help and if the 8gb  will be using 2400 can i used the 4gb.  I think the 4gb is micron like this so a little help here

you probably cant oc the ram. but if the timings are the same you might be able to use both

13 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

you probably cant oc the ram. but if the timings are the same you might be able to use both

Thx but if i can only used the 8gb that would be ok but it is 2666mhz will it affect my components 

2 hours ago, VarunVcd said:

Thx but if i can only used the 8gb that would be ok but it is 2666mhz will it affect my components 

you can check ram timings with the help of CPUID HWmonitor. I use two sticks one from crucial and the other from micron and they both work flawlessly, they have almost the exact same timing. Also since your motherboard only supports 2400MHz (at least that is what it sounds like) it should be no problem since the 8 gig ram stick will run at 2400MHz

6 hours ago, VarunVcd said:

if it's at 2666 it fine too.