Building Budget PC Help

JUstNo

Budget (including currency): 800 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft and Daily Browsing 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YkgrK3

This is the part list I have currently. My budget is $800, but I'm willing to spend $1000. If you have any advice, comment it down below. I want to know how to improve this pc, and yes, I went for the integrated vega 8. I believe that I may go with vega 11 but would that be overkill for minecraft?

5 minutes ago, JUstNo said:

-snip-

Integrated graphics don't matter since you have a 1050 Ti in there, which is a bit overkill if you're JUST playing Minecraft (unless you're using shaders). If you're just browsing the web and playing Minecraft, why do you need 2.5 TB of combined storage? That should take up a 256GB SSD at the most.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

5 minutes ago, JUstNo said:

Budget (including currency): 800 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft and Daily Browsing 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wdXwsX

This is the part list I have currently. My budget is $800, but I'm willing to spend $1000. If you have any advice, comment it down below. I want to know how to improve this pc, and yes, I went for the integrated vega 8. I believe that I may go with vega 11 but would that be overkill for minecraft?

Wrong part list? This is not integrated vega 8...

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2sMMsX

Cant fit a gpu in this budget

Use igpu for now and upgrade to dedicated gpu later

To make the igpu more tolerable

Overclock it with intel xtu

Overclock ram to 3600mhz or 4000mhz, raise voltage to 1.5v as a starting point, and see what timings you can get, maybe 15-15-15-35? Who knows youll have to try it out yourself

38 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Overclock ram to 3600mhz or 4000mhz

I will fucking laugh all the way to the bank if that thing is anywhere stable at that speed, knowing PNY's random DRAM suppliers.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock B560M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($113.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($104.99 @ Memory Express)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($400.00)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1028.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-27 01:02 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

55 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I will fucking laugh all the way to the bank if that thing is anywhere stable at that speed, knowing PNY's random DRAM suppliers.

Shove more volts through it

I can run around 960-970 if my ddr2 is overvolted to 2.2v, but only 940 if overvolted to 2v

17 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Shove more volts through it

You can only do that for so far until your longevity and error rate suffers. Really not worth it considering a better binned DRAM could done that speed at lower voltage and thus longer longevity.

And besides, 3200 is a plenty in this generation, and the law of diminishing returns gonna bite you in the ass anywhere above that imo.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

14 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You can only do that for so far until your longevity and error rate suffers. Really not worth it considering a better binned DRAM could done that speed at lower voltage and thus longer longevity.

And besides, 3200 is a plenty in this generation, and the law of diminishing returns gonna bite you in the ass anywhere above that imo.

Yea obv its up to a certain point

Not sure what volt my ram will start erroring at but maybe somewhere around 2.4v