2 PCs, 1 GPU! HELP!

Hey guys, I know this question has been asked over and over, but I'm not satisfied with the answers I've seen, let me explain why. I have a gaming rig that has more power than I actually need, and I need an extra PC, and money being as tight as it is right now I can't really afford an extra full PC, so I wanted to run a VM to a second monitor. The setup is mostly working, I can run the VM with VMWare Player, and I can passthrough a keyboard and mouse, the problem is that I dont want to accidentally drag my mouse to the VM (which is on the other side of the wall btw), so my question is: is there anyway to make the vm run on the second monitor as if it was it's own? without the host machine being able to interact with it? like have the second monitor only for the vm, and disappear from the host? I know I could do this with a hypervisor like esxi or vsphere, but for what I read it seems to be a bit messy, and I'd like to avoid formatting my pc and reconfigure all that. Someone suggested I use a second GPU, and pass that through, but you also need a hypervisor for that, and I'm not sure if a cheapo usb to vga adapter would be allowed to passthru in VMWare player.

Thank you guys in advance.

Edit: Aster would work perfectly, but the license is quite expensive in my currency, and at that point it would actually be cheaper to get a second GPU, as the second machine doesn't need any gaming power as it will be used for office work and youtube only.

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id really try to get aster here. How much is it for you there? Should be much cheaper than a good vm setup would be.

Well, I'm in Brazil, so it costs around R$ 380,00 for 2 workplaces, I don't know what should I compare that with, but you can almost buy food for the whole month for a family of 4 people with that money.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Just buy a cheap GPU such as GT 710, r5 240, r5 420, GT 730 etc

this is something I've been trying to avoid, as it would be a hell lot of work, and would require me to format my pc, but ultimately if nothing else works, I will probably go that route, but I want to know if there's any other way before I pull the trigger.

Just now, LPagote said:

this is something I've been trying to avoid, as it would be a hell lot of work, and would require me to format my pc, but ultimately if nothing else works, I will probably go that route, but I want to know if there's any other way before I pull the trigger.

It wouldn't be a lot of work. You shouldn't have to format your PC either for installing a new GPU. But if you want to go the VM route, as the first comment said I would also recommend something like Aster that allows passthrough of 1 pc to another.

8 minutes ago, LPagote said:

Well, I'm in Brazil, so it costs around R$ 380,00 for 2 workplaces, I don't know what should I compare that with, but you can almost buy food for the whole month for a family of 4 people with that money.

Thats probably gonna be cheaper and easier than getting a second gpu.

What are the full specs on your pc?

If its just for basic office work, you can probably get a second pc for basically free(well I have gotten many pcs for free if you know where to look)

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

It wouldn't be a lot of work. You shouldn't have to format your PC either for installing a new GPU. But if you want to go the VM route, as the first comment said I would also recommend something like Aster that allows passthrough of 1 pc to another.

I would need to install a hypervisor, as I don't know any vm software that allows GPU passthru inside windows.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thats probably gonna be cheaper and easier than getting a second gpu.

What are the full specs on your pc?

If its just for basic office work, you can probably get a second pc for basically free(well I have gotten many pcs for free if you know where to look)

I'm running a R7 1800x, 16gb, rx 580 8gb, it's not much but it's plenty for my use, i mostly play esports. And in Brasil, people give nothing for free, they sell everything, even ridiculous things like a defective gt 420... yuo can get some really old office pcs for around R$ 500, but Brazil is really big, and I live in a small city so there's not much tech deals going around.