400 USD budget GPU for CG animation .

Can anyone suggest a best card for 400 USD(~30,000 INR)   for 3D tasks like modelling , rendering and basic motion graphics.. I am on very tight budget , I can't stretch it much. 

Will RTX make huge difference over GTX in this case?

Software used will be

• After effects
  • Blender
  • Maya
  • 3ds Max
  • Premier Pro
  • Photoshop

. Please suggest soon its urgent! 

My PC specs - 

• i7-6700@3.40 ghz 4 cores, 8 threads
  • 16 GB ram
  • 1TB SSD
  • 1060 6gb mini (Dead)

Buy a used 1080 Ti or wait. Or if you can get Chinese mining-rig-crackdown cards for cheap, go for that. 🙂

Just be sure to check youtube for tips when buying used GPUs before you go ahead.

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

Considering that blender maya and 3ds can all use the rt cores to MASSIVELY speed up rendering yes rtx will probably be worth it even if you have to get a rtx 2060.

3 minutes ago, 7heo said:

Buy a used 1080 Ti or wait. Or if you can get Chinese mining-rig-crackdown cards for cheap, go for that. 🙂

Just be sure to check youtube for tips when buying used GPUs before you go ahead.

I did watch and couldn't get a proper comparison between GTX and RTX for animation. Most of them where Gaming comparisons. And it has confused me even more..

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Considering that blender maya and 3ds can all use the rt cores to MASSIVELY speed up rendering yes rtx will probably be worth it even if you have to get a rtx 2060.

I will mostly be using cpu rendering over GPU. So will RTX will help cpu to render faster over the GPU? So will GTX 1060 will make more sense over RTX 2060 for less bucks?

1 minute ago, KK14 said:

I will mostly be using cpu rendering over GPU. So will RTX will help cpu to render faster over the GPU? So will GTX 1060 will make more sense over RTX 2060 for less bucks?

If you are using the cpu the gpu doesn't matter. But why would you do that? A gpu is normally always faster and the rtx plugins for maya, 3ds and blender make it possible to work in a real time full render viewport?

46 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you are using the cpu the gpu doesn't matter. But why would you do that? A gpu is normally always faster and the rtx plugins for maya, 3ds and blender make it possible to work in a real time full render viewport?

Because Realtime renders does not give best results with secondary light bounces and glass objects.

Because if that mostly people use CPU render engine..

3 minutes ago, KK14 said:

Because Realtime renders does not give best results with secondary light bounces and glass objects.

Because if that mostly people use CPU render engine..

I'm talking about real time rendering as in viewport. When rendering multiple bounces and such the card will take longer and use the rt cores to accelerate the rendering producing the same result as you would have done if it rendered on a normal non rtx gpu or cpu.

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

I'm talking about real time rendering as in viewport. When rendering multiple bounces and such the card will take longer and use the rt cores to accelerate the rendering producing the same result as you would have done if it rendered on a normal non rtx gpu or cpu.

Ohh thankyou for shedding some light on what you meant initially ...

And I didn't considered this before.

Thanks I think I should go with RTX 2060...