Chonkinator 9001

Todd24

specs that i know, unsure if it will run due to potential safety issues.

8? gb ddr1 1300mhz ram

msi gtx 460

unknown if contains drive 

some intel processor

thermaltake armor+ case with 200mm fan and 300mm fan

gigabyte mobo

silencer mk 2 750 watt silver psu

heccin chonker

please tell me if you can identify anything else about it and think it will/will not run safely.

Just now, Todd24 said:

specs that i know, unsure if it will run due to potential safety issues.

'Scuse me, what?

This interests me if you care to explain.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

'Scuse me, what?

This interests me if you care to explain.

well its old the power supply could be broken and cause a fire

2 minutes ago, Todd24 said:

well its old the power supply could be broken and cause a fire

can you help me diagnose a potential issue? you can dm me in discord at Todd#6903

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Since we now know your intentions, I have moved your thread to the appropriate subforum. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Since we now know your intentions, I have moved your thread to the appropriate subforum. 

sorry in the future i will try to use subforums im new here

With just a picture we can't tell anything else about it. I can tell you that it's not a DDR(1) platform - it's DDR3. It doesn't look to have any hard drives installed, but I'm not certain. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

1 hour ago, Todd24 said:

can you help me diagnose a potential issue? you can dm me in discord at Todd#6903

What issue? In order for people to help you, you kind of have to write out what the problem is first.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

What issue? In order for people to help you, you kind of have to write out what the problem is first.

potential power supply failure. it could cause major damage to components in it and my house and i want to be sure its safe.

1 minute ago, Todd24 said:

potential power supply failure.

Bud, again.. you have to actually describe the problem. We're not mind readers.

You gave us a more or less unhelpful picture and list of specs but still have yet to actually tell us what the problem is with the computer.

sorry for lack of explanation, me being an idiot, and me being offline. i was on a vacation and got back today and tried running it. it did not have a hard drive in it so i put in a usb drive with ubuntu on it and it works. sorry for any wasted time. total specs with new info is 6 gb of ddr3 ram, intel core 2 quad q9650, gtx 460, no drive, cheap gigabyte mobo, silencer mk 2 750 watt silver psu, and thermaltake armor+ MX VH8000BWS. I intend to sell it with the new info. what do you all think is a fair price?