Will This Device "TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender" Work For My Needs

redflagrun1776

Am not looking for a Power-line Ethernet Adapter am Looking for a WI-FI Extender with Easy Setup WPS

An Transfer to my room with my computer that does not have WIFI Just plugin the Ethernet cable to the TP Link N300 WiFi Extender

Will I still get internet throw the WIFI Extender

Just want a straight answer 

Thanks

On 7/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, redflagrun1776 said:

am Looking for a WI-FI Extender with Easy Setup WPS

People still trust WPS these days?

Well, I guess if you need to pair it to one of these devices, you'll have to ensure that your wireless router also has WPS and wireless-N (WiFi 4) support.

Just plugin the Ethernet cable to the TP Link N300 WiFi Extender

Yes, that's what the port is there for.

Will I still get internet throw the WIFI Extender

Depends on how good of a primary wireless signal the extender can detect. See here on why this is important.

13 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

People still trust WPS these days?

Well, I guess if you need to pair it to one of these devices, you'll have to ensure that your wireless router also has WPS and wireless-N (WiFi 4) support.

Yes, that's what the port is there for.

Depends on how good of a primary wireless signal the extender can detect. See here on why this is important.

image.thumb.png.15637ade5111d1868fdf64015655d5c8.png

1 hour ago, redflagrun1776 said:

image.thumb.png.15637ade5111d1868fdf64015655d5c8.png

Well, you probably didn't understand what I posted before because I already said that, yes, the port is there to allow a wired device to get onto the WiFi network using the extender. It's written there in the description of the product.

But you have to keep in mind placement of the extender as the quality of that "wireless bridge" to which your non-WiFi PC is now attached will depend on the signal strength. A wireless repeater or extender can only "repeat" what it is able to detect; if you provide it with a good quality signal to begin with you'll have better luck with connectivity versus if you provide it with a poor quality signal.

The video I linked to is still relevant. Your PC is just connecting to the extender via ethernet rather than WiFi.

1 hour ago, Falcon1986 said:

Well, you probably didn't understand what I posted before because I already said that, yes, the port is there to allow a wired device to get onto the WiFi network using the extender. It's written there in the description of the product.

But you have to keep in mind placement of the extender as the quality of that "wireless bridge" to which your non-WiFi PC is now attached will depend on the signal strength. A wireless repeater or extender can only "repeat" what it is able to detect; if you provide it with a good quality signal to begin with you'll have better luck with connectivity versus if you provide it with a poor quality signal.

The video I linked to is still relevant. Your PC is just connecting to the extender via ethernet rather than WiFi.

Very Sorry About That I Miss Read Thanks For Your Help Mate