Teamspeak 3 Overlay "Overwolf" Does it ban you?

StareX

Can anyone confirm if Overwolf in Teamspeak 3 can actually ban you?

And btw.. what do you think of it? :].. It's quite nice to have this feature..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

What

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What do you mean ban? It doesn't ban you. It's a seperate program.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

One of the people on the sever may, but the program it self won't.

Quote me to get a reply!

Hey there!

My name is Raif and I'm the Overwolf Community Manager. 

Overwolf will not get you banned in any of the games we support. We specifically tailor how our overlay injects into games to make sure that it will not get you banned. We do not  change, delete or modify any game files at all and only read the games info that is allowed by the game. We have even reached out to many anti-cheat software companies in order to comply with them to make sure this does not happen. We attempt to strictly adhere to games Terms of Service in terms of what we offer.

So far, there has been no documented cases where users have been banned due to Overwolf after checking the story out. There have been cases where devs from studios have outright stated that using Overwolf will not get you banned from their game as well. 

Hope this clears things up.

Seeing Windows 8.1 is not "supported" .. dunno what STR.. STS.. W/e it is, on BF3.. or BF4 isn't even there.. dunno what to say, don't want to risk. Thx

Ask me anything.

STR is shoot to record, a specific mode of recording where you can set a hotkey to record a certain amount of time. For example, clicking the number 7 will record 7 seconds if you set it to that.

The reason Windows 8.1 isn't supported has to do with Windows 8.1, not anything security wise. Overwolf has some stability issues on 8.1 with certain games which is why we don't let Overwolf inject into the game.

BF4 is on its way to be supported.

Can anyone confirm if Overwolf in Teamspeak 3 can actually ban you?

And btw.. what do you think of it? :].. It's quite nice to have this feature..

Does the steam overlay ban you?

@ - Nope.

Ask me anything.

@ - Nope.

Well there your answer