Windows was moved to different HDD

tank234

Hello, 

1 year ago I installed a ssd, and reinstalled windows on that ssd. Everything went smoothly with no issues. It worked for around 11 months until my pc suddenly restarted itself, I thought nothing of it because it booted into windows all by itself. The wallpaper was changed but I did not think much of it. I realized that it started to work really slow even though it was supposed to be on a ssd. I went to retrieve one of my files I needed for work, and it was not there anymore. I then checked task manger to see if somehow windows had switched over to my old hdd where windows had  been installed. And to my surprise the Hdd was working  much harder than any of my other drives and I realized that the ssd was doing nothing. Does this mean that windows had somehow switched back to my old hdd? I checked Administrator tools in the control panel and can only see that only one os is currently active and my ssd version of windows was not there. So what do I do? Somehow it switched over to my old hdd, should I reinstall windows onto the ssd? Because it has all the windows files on it already?

Try going in to your BIOS and selecting your SSD as the boot drive.

And, Windows does not select which drive to boot from. It’s the motherboard/BIOS that does it. So there’s no way Windows “switched” over to the hdd.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide