If you are a programmer - answer this question!

Mariius

I am a programmer, and I am used to use mouse as less as possible in order to be more productive. I used Windows 8 before, it wasn't a brilliant experience. Not because I was not used to using metro interface, but because I had to use the damn mouse all the time.
So here is my question. Is it worth upgrading from w7 to w8.1(update 1) this weekend, if I am a programmer and I like to use key combinations as much as possible? Which windows version do you use? Do you ever get limited by w8 various administrative bugs (like for android studio there is ARM bug) or library support issues (like boost for c++)?

Thanks!

ive used windows 7 in well everywhere, ive been to many businesses with coders that destroy my level of knowledge and they either use linux or win7

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I use Windows 8.1 without the metro interface. 
I have startisback! installed. It is a third party start menu which works pretty much flawlessly and is better than Start8. 

I use Windows 8.1 just because it's snappy. I hate the MetroUI and have disabled all hot corners and use startisback. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I use Windows 8.1 without the metro interface. 

I have startisback! installed. It is a third party start menu which works pretty much flawlessly and is better than Start8. 

I use Windows 8.1 just because it's snappy. I hate the MetroUI and have disabled all hot corners and use startisback. 

But is it really worth all that effort and 3rd party apps in order to make sure your w8 is more like w7?

I use windows 8 and hardly ever touch my mouse, unless i am playing a game. What do you need to use mouse for?

But is it really worth all that effort and 3rd party apps in order to make sure your w8 is more like w7?

Yes it's cheap and also compatible with 8.1! And all the hotkeys work too. And I do recommend it if you want to stick with W8

Logan from TekSyndicate also uses it and recommends it

Watch his video "De-Suck Windows 8"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUAg3cQxQo

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.