I need help with choosing parts for my server

DubTj

Long story short, I'm planning to build a home file server and maybe use it for WordPress Hosting. Here are the parts:

• MSI H410M-A PRO

• Intel Pentium Dual Core G6405 Box

• Intenso PCI Express SSD 120GB M.2 NVMe (Boot Drive)

• G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-2133MHz

Now I need help with picking a 4U Case for 6 HDDs and 2 SSDs, a SATA controller for these drives and I also need help deciding on what OS to use. I was thinking of W10 or FreeNAS.

is there a specific reason why you want to combine very low power and expand ability hardware with a case that will probably cost more then all other components combined?

While i agree that the hardware you choose would be just about good enough the question is if you think this server will ever do more then store a few files and host wordpress because anything more then this is not gonna be fun.

6 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

is there a specific reason why you want to combine very low power and expand ability hardware with a case that will probably cost more then all other components combined?

While i agree that the hardware you choose would be just about good enough the question is if you think this server will ever do more then store a few files and host wordpress because anything more then this is not gonna be fun.

The most this server will do is store files, host wp and maybe plex. Nothing more. I also don't need sth crazy for the case, I just need a case with atx psu support and hot swappable HDD caddies. 

20 minutes ago, DubTj said:

The most this server will do is store files, host wp and maybe plex. Nothing more. I also don't need sth crazy for the case, I just need a case with atx psu support and hot swappable HDD caddies. 

will you do any hardware transcoding in Plex or will everything be direct play?

your requirements for this case may not sound like much but because there is so little demand for small servers with your requirements there is very little supply and the little that exists is very expensive.

Also be aware that these server cases are usually not build for home use so they will use very loud fans, you may wanna take a look at rosewill cases if thats available where you live.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, Pixel5 said:

will you do any hardware transcoding in Plex or will everything be direct play?

your requirements for this case may not sound like much but because there is so little demand for small servers with your requirements there is very little supply and the little that exists is very expensive.

Also be aware that these server cases are usually not build for home use so they will use very loud fans, you may wanna take a look at rosewill cases if thats available where you live.

Thanks for your help. Sadly rosewill cases is not available in Europe. I Also did some searching and found a case that fits my requirements.  

Here's a screenshot of it:

image.thumb.png.5d39248b8959eaabc6c5248df7e30e21.png