Drive upgrade

TalkyRaptor

Hello,

I built a pc and realized I need to upgrade storage and have found 3 options. My pc is used for gaming and everyday tasks. If needed the specifications are here:

CPU: i5-11400

GPU:RTX 3060(after shortage, igpu used now)

Ram: 16gb 3200 mhz

SSD: 512gb entry level nvme (read/writes around 1,000)

My options I found are:

Option One:

1tb hdd like 

https://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-1TB-Hard-Drive/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=wd+blue+1tb&qid=1626491185&sprefix=wd+blue+&sr=8-5

and 256gb pcie 4.0 ssd like 

https://www.amazon.com/XPG-512GB-Gen3x4-Internal-AS40G-512GT-C/dp/B07SJC2NSJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=adata%2Bxpg&qid=1626491282&sprefix=adata%2B&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Option Two:

1tb nvme ssd like 

https://www.amazon.com/XPG-S50-Lite-Internal-AGAMMIXS50L-2T-C/dp/B08HVZWGPP/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=adata%2Bxpg&qid=1626491282&sprefix=adata%2B&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

Option Three: 

SAS 10k rpm 900gb drive like 

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-ST900MM0006-Savvio-Compatible-Renewed/dp/B08DL92ND3/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=sas+hdd&qid=1626491674&sr=8-17

and nvme sdd like in option one. Thanks if you read the entire thing and responded.

I would go with option 2, rather than the other options, option three is more for enterprise server solutions than for gaming. SSD's are preferred over Hard Drives, because The SSD uses flash memory to store data, which provides better performance and reliability over an HDD. HDD - The HDD has moving parts and magnetic platters, meaning the more use they get, the faster they wear down and fail.

2 minutes ago, ET_Explorer said:

I would go with option 2, rather than the other options, option three is more for enterprise server solutions than for gaming. SSD's are preferred over Hard Drives, because The SSD uses flash memory to store data, which provides better performance and reliability over an HDD. HDD - The HDD has moving parts and magnetic platters, meaning the more use they get, the faster they wear down and fail.

Thank you. I do also what to know if the sas drive is slower or faster than the sata hdd. Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, TalkyRaptor said:

Thank you. I do also what to know if the sas drive is slower or faster than the sata hdd. Thanks for the help.

Because its not a SSD, it will be slower since its a hard drive and faster because its an ssd.

3 hours ago, ET_Explorer said:

Because its not a SSD, it will be slower since its a hard drive and faster because its an ssd.

Huh? In this post you say it isn't an ssd then it is an ssd.... 

To the OP... The sas will be faster than the sata HDD because it's a 10k rpm enterprise drive. But it will be louder. 

Assuming all are the same size, the ssd wins hands down... But you don't mention the price. The ssd is going to cost substantially more than the sata HDD option. 

10 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Huh? In this post you say it isn't an ssd then it is an ssd.... 

To the OP... The sas will be faster than the sata HDD because it's a 10k rpm enterprise drive. But it will be louder. 

Assuming all are the same size, the ssd wins hands down... But you don't mention the price. The ssd is going to cost substantially more than the sata HDD option. 

The links are to amazon pages. $120 for the nvme ssd, $45 for the sas hdd plus a $20 add in card, and $40 for the sata hdd plus $45 for a 256gb nvme ssd. Noise does not matter to me.