BenQ ZOWIE XL2411 Can't go 144hz with my RTX 2070 SUPER - Is there an adapter that will allow me to get 120hz/144hz at 1920x1080 resolution?

BradL1234

After upgrading around 2 years ago, I realised that I wouldn't be able to use the 144hz on my BenQ ZOWIE XL2411 with my RTX 2070 SUPER. So I eventually bought a new monitor which has display port so I could use 144hz. Since that time, I have been using my XL2411 as a second monitor but with it being 60hz. The only way I can get a higher rate (120hz) is if I use 1440x900 resolution. But the last time I checked, a lot of comments online said they tried using adapters and they just didn't seem to work.

My question is, is there an adapter out there which will allow me to get my XL2411 to 120hz/144hz at 1920x1080? I'm assuming since the last time I checked there must be one out there that can achieve this.

If you know of any that would most likely work, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, BradL1234 said:

After upgrading around 2 years ago, I realised that I wouldn't be able to use the 144hz on my BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P with my RTX 2070 SUPER. So I eventually bought a new monitor which has display port so I could use 144hz. Since that time, I have been using my XL2411P as a second monitor but with it being 60hz. The only way I can get a higher rate (120hz) is if I use 1440x900 resolution. But the last time I checked, a lot of comments online said they tried using adapters and they just didn't seem to work.

My question is, is there an adapter out there which will allow me to get my XL2411P to 144hz at 1920x1080? I'm assuming since the last time I checked there must be one out there that can achieve this.

If you know of any that would most likely work, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

the monitor you paid for is rated for 144hz at 1080p, why would you need to buy an adapter to make it work... you are going into the Nvidia control panel to set the resolution and refresh speed correct?

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

My idiot ass put my new monitor instead of my second monitor. My second is the benq xl2411 not benq xl2411p... so that's my stupid fault.

So for the benq xl2411 I would need a DVI to Display Port adapter that would give me 120/144hz at the native resolution.

I can make custom resolutions and get 120hz but since they are not HD res, they don't look good. And even though it is my second monitor, I often use it to watch Movies/Shows whilst gaming so I would prefer the res to be a HD one.

But like I stated, the last time I checked people said the adapters wouldn't work (at least on the reviews/forums I checked at the time)