Budget Non-Gaming Build for 13 Windows 10 Pro - (Windows 11 Ready) User (sharing) and Linux User - Technically First Time Build

Budget (including currency): Rp. 15.000.000,- ($1,037) until Rp. 23.000.000,- (~$1,591.54 per 16 Jul 2021)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

1. Video Conference as webinar participant 

1. Zoom
  2. Microsoft Team
  3. Webex
  4. Jitsi  
  5. Google Meet
  6. Sometime we record it for our own purpose using Gamebar or 
  7. Camtasia

2. Video Conference with friends and co-worker, college. and so on

1. Zoom
  2. Microsoft Team
  3. Webex
  4. Jitsi  
  5. Google Meet
  7. Camtasia

3. Video Conference as Speaker

1. Zoom
  2. Microsoft Team
  3. Webex
  4. Jitsi  
  5. Google Meet
  7. Camtasia
  8. OBS

4. Watching & Trading the Stock Market

1. Think or Swim
  2. TradingView
  3. other securities platform  

5. Researches the Financial Data 

1. MS Excel
  2. PDF
  3. OneNote
  4. Evernote
  5. To Do
  6. Notion
  7. Obsidian
  8. Sublime Text

7. Administrator Work

1. Excel
  2. Data Analysis - not yet known  

8. Network control - Microtek

9. Accessing Picture or File

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Form Factor: Mini-ITX, SFF, or Micro-ATX

Computer part that already have :

1. Samsung Q80T https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled

2. Dell u2719d https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-ultrasharp-27-monitor-u2719d/apd/210-arcv/monitors-monitor-accessories

3. Logitech Ergo K860 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Jn9tt6/placeholder-

4. Lindy HDMI 2.1 https://lindy.com/en/technology/gold-line/

PC Part that I come out with:

CPU:                         AMD Ryzen 5 3600                                                                                         -             Rp. 3.079.000, - 

RAM:                 Kingston HyperX Furry DDR4 32GB Memory for PC (16GB x 2) 3200Mhz           -              Rp. 2.900.000,- 

M.2 SSD                  Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME                                     -              Rp. 2.580.000,-                 

MOBO                    MSI MPG B550i GAMING EDGE WIFI                                                              -              Rp. 3.105.000,-

GPU                      ZOTAC NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MINI 4GB GDDR5 Single Fan                -             Rp. 3.150.000,-

PSU:                        SF Series™ SF750 — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Platinum Certified                        -             Rp.2549.000,-

Cooler:                    Noctua NH-L12S Low-Profile CPU Cooler Quiet 120mm                                  -             Rp. 1.035.000,- 

Case:                     COOLER MASTER - MASTERBOX NR200P Mini-ITX                                      -             Rp. 1.290.000,-

Total 22.732.000,-

Reason to build : old laptop frequent blue screen, battery problem, laptop don't support 4K @60hz

Budget Non-Gaming Build for 13 Windows User

Heya, Indonesian here.

Honestly, you should try to check the auction lots for a lot of these system at that low of a cost (I know a lot of banks have auction lots for their old properties and its good deal all around). You gonna need GPU for EVERY vm machines in these list (or atleast a way to get a video output) and you also need to provide enough RAM for each of them and considering at how windows 10 (hell, even windows 7) kinda sucked on 4GB, itll be better costed to go with used systems, or tell your boss that itll be downright impossible job.

Or, you could try to get a bulk of thin clients, but thatll take a while to set up and even then im not sure if its possible to get it down to 2000$ without crap performance.

30 minutes ago, DaveMedan said:

4. Watching & Trading the Stock Market

1. Think or Swim
  2. TradingView
  3. other securities platform  

Phone with Type-C displayport/HDMI Adapter would be the unconventional route to this, considering most securities in Indonesia already have the stock exchange ported to android or ios.

30 minutes ago, DaveMedan said:

8. CCTV / Security Camera 

9. Network 

10. Accessing Picture or File

Get a DVR, passive switch, and NAS instead of a full system. Itll be cheaper through that route especially for the CCTV ones considering that DVRs are constantly being on used lot.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Also an indo

That is alot of vms

I dont have much knowledge on vms but i suggest buying some dual socket lga 1366 boards like z8na d6 and some x5650 xeons

Z8na d6 seems to have 6 pcie slots so you will want to buy 5 pcie risers for each system

I think youll need 3 systems here

So 2 dual 1366 systems and 1 random system (just get an optiplex 380)

Z8na d6 is around 1.5-2jt rp each

X5650 is around 400-600rb rp each

Ecc ddr3 8gb i think those are around 200-300rb rp each

Maybe hd 5450, 6350, or 7470 as the gpu, maybe around 100rb rp each

Pcie risers are around 50-100rb rp each

I use tokopedia so not sure on prices elsewhere

For the 3rd system just buy an optiplex 380 or 780 and maybe upgrade it to a q6600 (bsel reccomended) and add a 4gb ddr3 stick

For the case just make your own, idk what form factor that board even is

For the cpu coolers maybe alseye am90 or eddy 90b

For the psus id go voltron gold 600

Not sure if this is a good reccomendation but atleast i tried somewhat ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Heya, Indonesian here.

Honestly, you should try to check the auction lots for a lot of these system at that low of a cost (I know a lot of banks have auction lots for their old properties and its good deal all around). You gonna need GPU for EVERY vm machines in these list (or atleast a way to get a video output) and you also need to provide enough RAM for each of them and considering at how windows 10 (hell, even windows 7) kinda sucked on 4GB, itll be better costed to go with used systems, or tell your boss that itll be downright impossible job.

Or, you could try to get a bulk of thin clients, but thatll take a while to set up and even then im not sure if its possible to get it down to 2000$ without crap performance.

Phone with Type-C displayport/HDMI Adapter would be the unconventional route to this, considering most securities in Indonesia already have the stock exchange ported to android or ios.

Get a DVR, passive switch, and NAS instead of a full system. Itll be cheaper through that route especially for the CCTV ones considering that DVRs are constantly being on used lot.

I don't use it to run WM Much, this is WFH setup that I need to do, so this desktop is not pure for work but also for other things as mention above. 

And I am not the only one use it, so that is why there is 13 user for login, 

My consideration is going to Build Custom PC or

buy Intel NUC Kit and chose better RAM, SSD for it.

But need to consider which Intel NUC that ready support Windows 11.

And for Serious Trader that need to analysis usually phone is not enough, I prefer PC.

I also want to export some of the video recording to NAS or External HDD.

Note, maybe I need to clarify this, the CCTV is not for it to work but just to connect security door or access the CCTV not direct attached to it.