Event ID 14 Help

SHADY16

so lately i have been getting this error, 

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\000000e2
CMDre 00000001 00000374 60000fff 00000004 00000001

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table 

which is followed by Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

and my game performance is really bad until i restart pc then everything is normal again until it happens again 

i7 8700k OC 5GHZ 

Corsair Dominator 32gb 3200 MHZ

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Asus Maximus X Code Z370

ive tried using DDU and new drivers and also removing my overclocks to no avail.   any help would be appreciated 

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

I just had this issue and finally got it fixed. There seems to be alot of different scenarios and fixes for it, I'll just share my experience and what I remember reading.

My Issue:

- system would freeze for about a minute > screen would go black for a few seconds then come back on

- usually occurred when connecting to internet and browsing, not during gaming but could prevent some games from opening

- I found it was an issue with the graphics card going in and out of idle states

My Fix:

- Nvidia Control Panel > Global Settings > Set "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Notes:

- others have said turning off "Hardware Acceleration" in Windows Settings works too though that option wasnt available to me.

- some people found that some Asus programs were the cause as well, Aura, Armoury Crate etc

Hope this helps. Good luck