Quick Google Search Tip For Searching For Something On a Particular Website

Geekazoid

TO ADMINS & MODS: I didn't know where to post this tip so please move this thread if need be :D.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys,

So I found this useful search tip for Google because I would often search for things on certain websites on my iPad and their search fields would often not work currently on it and so one day I came across this interesting way of searching any website bypassing their search engine altogether. Several of you may already know of it but for those who don't here it is.

Okay, so when you want to search for something on a certain website without using the websites own search engine all you have to do is type the name of the thing or product that you are searching for and then put a space followed by typing the word "site" followed by this ":" after it and then the address of the website or sometimes you can just type the sites name without typing the whole address.

Here's an example:

• PA248Q Site: asus.com

Or just the following:

• PA248Q Site: asus.com

I hope that's easy enough to understand but if you need any further assistance pleased don't hesitate to PM me. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have known this forever but I never adjust my queries to something similar to this. I don't know;

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2065129/Search-Features-Chart

here are more

for example if you are searching dell monitors or something it will do a search for dell and one for, however if you do something like "dell monitor" then the website much give back that exact phrase

there are tons of search engine commands that literally nobody ever uses (except for maybe 8 people)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2065129/Search-Features-Chart

here are more

for example if you are searching dell monitors or something it will do a search for dell and one for, however if you do something like "dell monitor" then the website much give back that exact phrase

there are tons of search engine commands that literally nobody ever uses (except for maybe 8 people)

Thanks mate! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator