My first pc build

Jade_

Budget (including currency): 1.5k usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft and hopefully some high graphic games also video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Corrigan2008/saved/QYV9cf this is what I am looking at and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make this cheaper with he same performance or possibly even better thanks in advance 

4 minutes ago, Jade_ said:

Budget (including currency): 1.5k usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft and hopefully some high graphic games also video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Corrigan2008/saved/QYV9cf this is what I am looking at and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make this cheaper with he same performance or possibly even better thanks in advance 

You can use the stock cooler and get a cheaper Z490 

Just now, Hari Sharan Kalia said:

ok thanks 

1 minute ago, Hari Sharan Kalia said:

Stock cooler on a 10700K? (Not only would that be a thermal nightmare, 10700K doesn't include a box cooler)

I would actually recommend a slightly better aftermarket cooler to allow the 10700K enough thermal headroom to boost all the way up.

Other than that, SSD can be saved on by picking a slightly cheaper one that you realistically won't notice the difference between (unless SSD performance is super important to you)

you don't need to buy thermal paste because coolers come with paste pre-applied.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, Hari Sharan Kalia said:

could u send me the link to one (preferably with wifi)

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Stock cooler on a 10700K? (Not only would that be a thermal nightmare, 10700K doesn't include a box cooler)

I would actually recommend a slightly better aftermarket cooler to allow the 10700K enough thermal headroom to boost all the way up.

Other than that, SSD can be saved on by picking a slightly cheaper one that you realistically won't notice the difference between (unless SSD performance is super important to you)

you don't need to buy thermal paste because coolers come with paste pre-applied.

ok thanks could u help me find some of these parts I am in a big rush 

7 minutes ago, Hari Sharan Kalia said:

I cant find any that are ATX

3 minutes ago, Jade_ said:

ok thanks could u help me find some of these parts I am in a big rush 

I would recommend this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k9xJrr

it has the improvements mentioned (better air cooler, cheaper motherboard, cheaper storage) which lowers the price.

You can decide to just save money and get this, or upgrade storage to 2TB, upgrade GPU, etc.

I didn't touch the GPU because finding it will be a struggle on its own, good luck. 

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I would recommend this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k9xJrr

it has the improvements mentioned (better air cooler, cheaper motherboard, cheaper storage) which lowers the price.

You can decide to just save money and get this, or upgrade storage to 2TB, upgrade GPU, etc.

I didn't touch the GPU because finding it will be a struggle on its own, good luck. 

Thank you so much

Btw op are you gonna do any overclocking?

Cause getting a k cpu is very stupid if you dont overclock

Though if you get a k cpu for undervolting then thats not a bad choice cause k cpus usually have better silicon than non k cpus aka better undervolting

It is incredibly stupid to buy a k cpu and both not overclock or undervolt it

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Though if you get a k cpu for undervolting then thats not a bad choice cause k cpus usually have better silicon than non k cpus aka better undervolting

ok what do you recommend 

3 minutes ago, Jade_ said:

Thank you so much

Just noticed you want a board with wifi. in that case go with this: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PLytt6/asus-prime-z590-p-wifi-atx-lga1200-motherboard-prime-z590-p-wifi

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, Jade_ said:

ok what do you recommend 

For not ocing 10700f or any non k cpu

For undervolt k cpu preffered

For ocing obv you need k cpu xD

Oh and if you dont oc you can use a cheaper motherboard and cooler

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

K-series CPUs are often better overall CPUs even if you wont overclock. Repeating your personal opinion wont make it the best alternative for everyone.

But, I am also wondering if OP is going to OC. There is no big advantage I can think of going with Z490 instead for like H470, other than IO or general better components. The CPU cooler choice was the part that made me wonder if it was going to be overclocked.

4 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

K-series CPUs are often better overall CPUs even if you wont overclock. Repeating your personal opinion wont make it the best alternative for everyone.

But, I am also wondering if OP is going to OC. There is no big advantage I can think of going with Z490 instead for like H470, other than IO or general better components. The CPU cooler choice was the part that made me wonder if it was going to be overclocked.

Still dumb getting a k cpu, esp for the ones where the non k variant has a similar boost clock

11400 has a boost clock of 4.4ghz but 11600k has a boost clock of 4.9ghz so its a decent uplift even if you dont oc

But 11700 has a boost of 4.9ghz

And 11700k has a boost of 5ghz, no real improvement here unless you undervolt or overclock

Any other reason to get the k cpu when you dont oc or undervolt and the non k variant has a very similar boost clock to the k variant?

On 7/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Still dumb getting a k cpu, esp for the ones where the non k variant has a similar boost clock

11400 has a boost clock of 4.4ghz but 11600k has a boost clock of 4.9ghz so its a decent uplift even if you dont oc

But 11700 has a boost of 4.9ghz

And 11700k has a boost of 5ghz, no real improvement here unless you undervolt or overclock

Any other reason to get the k cpu when you dont oc or undervolt and the non k variant has a very similar boost clock to the k variant?

Which still doesn't mean that getting the K variant for that little extra performance is just straight up a bad idea. For some people, it's worth it.

For example, I think it was Rileys Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade here, where he chose a overclockable CPU (by Intel of course because sponsors and stuff) and a non-overclocking capable mobo.

3 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

Which still doesn't mean that getting the K variant for that little extra performance is just straight up a bad idea. For some people, it's worth it.

For example, I think it was Rileys Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade here, where he chose a overclockable CPU (by Intel of course because sponsors and stuff) and a non-overclocking capable mobo.

I stand my ground its stupid to get a k cpu if you arent gonna undervolt or oc it especially when the boost clock of the non k variant is similar xD

Though if the price difference is very little like 5-10$ then i guess its less stupid but still stupid nontheless esp if you dont oc or undervolt it

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I stand my ground its stupid to get a k cpu if you arent gonna undervolt or oc it especially when the boost clock of the non k variant is similar xD

Though if the price difference is very little like 5-10$ then i guess its less stupid but still stupid nontheless esp if you dont oc or undervolt it

I agree, it is stupid, but it isn't totally insane since considoring most people don't overclock anyways (not in this community).

1 hour ago, Zongohihello said:

I agree, it is stupid, but it isn't totally insane since considoring most people don't overclock anyways (not in this community).

Well before this completely hijacks this topic ill just end it at

K cpus are stupid to buy if you arent ocing or undervolting but if they provide higher (not slightly) boost clocks than their non k counterparts and at the time of buying are very similar to the non k variant then its not that stupid

Dont continue this argument of sorts cause we dont wanna hijack this topic do we xD