Dead RX590

So I recently acquired a graphics card through Facebook market place, under the presumption it was all working fine no issues. I get home to plug it in and to my disappointment it doesn't post... three beeps over and over again. Is there any sort of service that does gpu repair? I can't really afford to pay out another 拢250 for another card... or a way I could possibly fix this myself? Both leds indicate its getting power, but the fans don't spin and pc won't boot. 馃槥

Edit: also I know its not anything else on the system because my 3060 works on it just fine聽

Specs as followed:

Intel core i5 10400f,聽

500w psu,聽

16gb 2666hz ram

Not sure of what brand mother board but its fairly new

And the dead rx590

Any information that you guys/gals could share would be amazing. Feel free to just tell me to cut my losses and buy another card

Edited by Joe W

Fans won't spin, because it needs to reach 40掳C. Try to change from hdmi or display port. Also, try to run both cards at the same time, in first slot put your 3060 and in second 590. Boot to windows and check for display outputs, if it would show 590 u are good聽

10 minutes ago, tomcer2003 said:

Fans won't spin, because it needs to reach 40掳C. Try to change from hdmi or display port. Also, try to run both cards at the same time, in first slot put your 3060 and in second 590. Boot to windows and check for display outputs, if it would show 590 u are

I don't have a second pcie slot on this board聽

Edited by Joe W

8 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

you could try returning it to the guy you bought it from

Just if life was that easy, I've been blocked聽

9 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

It's quite difficult to fix a dead graphics card, you could try a reflow (taking all the plastic off and putting it in the oven) but that is a last resort. Can you get your money back for a misleading description?

That's my last resort, unfortunately some people are aholes 馃ぃ

4 minutes ago, Joe W said:

That's my last resort, unfortunately some people are aholes 馃ぃ

Well, I guess you could try it? But be very careful about it and clean your oven thoroughly afterwards. I have done this trick in the past and resurrected my dead HD 4870 x2.聽

5 minutes ago, Joe W said:

The pc isn't even posting to bios let alone display an output

Put two gpus in your system, use 3060 as your main gpu. Boot to windows and see if it shows up.聽

24 minutes ago, tomcer2003 said:

Put two gpus in your system, use 3060 as your main gpu. Boot to windows and see if it shows up.聽

I don't have enough extension slots on this motherboard聽

Or try tu set up PCI to 8x gen2. This should boot everything. Or you can disassemble gpu and check vrm, rezistance of core and memory. There is possibility that vrm burned down, its common issue with this kind of amd gpu. But I need to put down cooler. Core should have around 0.8~1.5ohm and memory 25~65 ohm.聽