PC BUILD HELP

Budget (including currency): 1500-1700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite and Blender

Other details :  Hey, Im writing this post to ask if anybody has any reccomendations or if I should swap out any parts, im looking to play fortnite at 100-200+ my budgest is listed above and my currence is dollars. My moniter is a Scepter 144 hz It's not on the list because It didn't show up in the moniters section. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JF8wsX

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($112.37 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($82.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($106.89 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $1148.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-01 22:24 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Your orignal list had some major flaws. 
-The AIO and MOBO were unnecessary and overpriced

-RAM was slightly overpriced 

-SSD could be faster for same money

-PSU was overpriced

-Orignal Case choice was very mediocre

with savings made added a 3080

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($394.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith RGB Gaming 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1739.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-01 22:25 EDT-0400

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I would not buy windows 10 pro the normal way. 

instead, go to another website and buy an OEM key. those are only around 20-30usd. much cheaper and do the same thing. the only difference is that you don't get support from Microsoft directly if you need it (you don't need it since they don't do anything really. they just tell you to reinstall windows when you have a problem), and if there are significant changes to your hardware, then your license might get inactivated. but its still 1/7 the price so you can buy 7 OEM keys and still be cheaper than a normal license. 

also, you dont need a liquid cooler for the 5600x. it does not get that hot that you need one. a good air cooler will be just fine and will be less of a hassle

48 minutes ago, TheBean said:

I would not buy windows 10 pro the normal way. 

instead, go to another website and buy an OEM key. those are only around 20-30usd. much cheaper and do the same thing. the only difference is that you don't get support from Microsoft directly if you need it (you don't need it since they don't do anything really. they just tell you to reinstall windows when you have a problem), and if there are significant changes to your hardware, then your license might get inactivated. but its still 1/7 the price so you can buy 7 OEM keys and still be cheaper than a normal license. 

Thanks I didn't take a look at the windows I ment the normal 64 bit one but accidently must have put a windows pro

47 minutes ago, TheBean said:

also, you dont need a liquid cooler for the 5600x. it does not get that hot that you need one. a good air cooler will be just fine and will be less of a hassle

For the looks lmao, but yes thanks I was aware of that it is a bit of a waste of money so I might consider swapping it with a fine cooler

2 hours ago, EpikSippy said:

Thanks I didn't take a look at the windows I ment the normal 64 bit one but accidently must have put a windows pro

https://www.vip-scdkey.com/software/microsoft-pc-10-pro-oem_1227-20.html

discount code: SKGS

you can get windows 10 pro 64bit for $16 with this OEM key. 

I used a youtuber's discount code for 25% off.

image.thumb.png.0f2eab1cfaccf54f9c472116b955bb86.png

13 hours ago, Downkey said:

Your orignal list had some major flaws. 
-The AIO and MOBO were unnecessary and overpriced

-RAM was slightly overpriced 

-SSD could be faster for same money

-PSU was overpriced

-Orignal Case choice was very mediocre

with savings made added a 3080

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($394.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith RGB Gaming 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1739.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-01 22:25 EDT-0400

Overall a good list, but there are a couple of problems: 

- That HHD you recommend has terrible latency and write speeds. And at a build with this budget, I'd definetely go with something better. 

- RTX 3080 founders edition is gonna be hard go find at MSRP. DaMysteryMan's Profile Description explains how to get an RTX 3080 in a bestbuy drop, but the RTX 3080 founders edition is gonna have to much demand. You could either try to get the second cheapest one, but thats $849.99, so I'd go for the RX 6800 XT from AMD direct, for arround $649.99. DaMysteryMan's profile description also explains how to do that. 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HtxmsX

Yeeted all asthetics and downgraded the cooler and board, 902$ w/o gpu cause gpu is up to you

that cooler is not enough for a 5800x. you need something a lot more beefy like an AIO like the liquid freezer ii or giant air cooler like the dark rock 4 or nhd15

3 minutes ago, TheBean said:

that cooler is not enough for a 5800x. you need something a lot more beefy like an AIO like the liquid freezer ii or giant air cooler like the dark rock 4 or nhd15

No

That should be able to hold the 5800x at a decent boost clock

All the options you have just given are for instances where youd like to oc to 5ghz+

A 3 heatpipe cooler is enough

Oh and this aint amd fx alright

7nm is quite power efficient so an 8 core will be cooled down by a 3 heatpipe just fine

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

No

All the options you have just given are for instances where youd like to oc to 5ghz+

7nm is quite power efficient so an 8 core will be cooled down by a 3 heatpipe just fine

according to the HardwareUnboxed review, they used a high end liquid cooler and got a temperature of 75c. you think with a measly small air cooler you won't throttle? (the AIO they used is a 360mm)

4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

No

It might not be AMD FX but it will still get hot especially as the op is using Blender. Also that board is subpar for that cpu.