High ping problem while gaming but on casual usage, it's fine....

AdFlyPFP
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

Ping depends on the (physical) distance between you and the server you're communicating with. How many hops (or servers/routers) those packets have to go through. The speed test server is probably close to you, so you have low ping. The game server you're communicating with is probably further away, so packets have to travel further and ping is higher. Not much you can do except select a server that is closer to your location.

When I use mu PC for casual uses, the internet was just fine, abut 20 ms referred to Speedtedt by Ookla. But, when it turns to gaming on my PC, the high ping shows up. Anyone help me fix this, please... Or are there something that I don't know?

Ping depends on the (physical) distance between you and the server you're communicating with. How many hops (or servers/routers) those packets have to go through. The speed test server is probably close to you, so you have low ping. The game server you're communicating with is probably further away, so packets have to travel further and ping is higher. Not much you can do except select a server that is closer to your location.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

So I have the same internet speed and it all depends on which server you're using in the game. Luckily Australia and New Zealand (where I live) are connected to American via a fibre cable under the sea so I get fairly decent ping on NA servers. Just go and select server in the game or launcher of the game and select your region and you should be good.

thanks guys... really open up my knowledge a lot.