PC not turning on

148-3_

I just confined building my pc but it won’t turn on please can anyone provide me with a list things that could be wrong with it. I followed a build guide on YouTube while doing it

Ensure PSU is switched on

Ensure the power button the case is actually connected properly to the front panel header

Ensure the 8-pin CPU power cable is plugged in

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, 148-3_ said:

I just confined building my pc but it won’t turn on please can anyone provide me with a list things that could be wrong with it. I followed a build guide on YouTube while doing it

We need more details. Does it give an error message? Do any of the lights light up on the motherboard? Does it just not react at all?

Also try reseating ram and cpu. Make sure the cpu pins aren't bent. 

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Ensure PSU is switched on

Ensure the power button the case is actually connected properly to the front panel header

Ensure the 8-pin CPU power cable is plugged in

Hi have switched on the psu, checked the 8 pin connector and I checked my front panel connectors but it still will not boot thank you for your help

Just now, AndeSandwich said:

We need more details. Does it give an error message? Do any of the lights light up on the motherboard? Does it just not react at all?

Also try reseating ram and cpu. Make sure the cpu pins aren't bent. 

When I press the power button on the case after I switched on my psu, nothing happenes I am quite sure that I didn’t bend my cpu pins and my ram is in the correct slots

1 minute ago, 148-3_ said:

When I press the power button on the case after I switched on my psu, nothing happenes I am quite sure that I didn’t bend my cpu pins and my ram is in the correct slots

Do you have a friend with a pc? Can you ask if you can try your psu in their build? Can you try their psu in your build?

3 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

Do you have a friend with a pc? Can you ask if you can try your psu in their build? Can you try their psu in your build?

Sorry I don’t have a freind with a pc

8 hours ago, 148-3_ said:

If no fans, lights, etc turn on, make sure the PSU is indeed on and properly plugged in, also, there should be a little red switch near that area. It will say 115 or 240 or something similar. That is the voltage, if your country uses 240, ensure it is set to 240, if it uses 120, make sure it is set to 120(or 115) 

7 hours ago, Ty2525 said:

If no fans, lights, etc turn on, make sure the PSU is indeed on and properly plugged in, also, there should be a little red switch near that area. It will say 115 or 240 or something similar. That is the voltage, if your country uses 240, ensure it is set to 240, if it uses 120, make sure it is set to 120(or 115) 

I can’t see a switch on the back of my psu but I have included a photo below. I’ll probably do a paper clip psu test to see if it works. Thank you for helping

AB8292A9-B983-4FAF-91B7-97495F703DF0.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ty2525 said:

16 hours ago, AndeSandwich said:

I have done the paper clip test on my psu and it’s Fan started to spin. I think this means that I have an issue with my motherboard. Thank you for all your help

2 hours ago, 148-3_ said:

I can’t see a switch on the back of my psu but I have included a photo below. I’ll probably do a paper clip psu test to see if it works. Thank you for helping

AB8292A9-B983-4FAF-91B7-97495F703DF0.jpeg

The PSU has it built in so that is nothing to worry about, if the PSU works, and everything is connected properly, CHECK front panel header/power button header. Ensure they are seated correctly and in the correct location. You can short the two power button pins on the motherboard with a metal screwdriver or something. If it boots after shorting it, then the button wasn't connected properly or is broken. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Ty2525 said:

The PSU has it built in so that is nothing to worry about, if the PSU works, and everything is connected properly, CHECK front panel header/power button header. Ensure they are seated correctly and in the correct location. You can short the two power button pins on the motherboard with a metal screwdriver or something. If it boots after shorting it, then the button wasn't connected properly or is broken. Good luck!

Hi thank you very much for your response I have tried shorting the pins but there is still no response so I am going to return the motherboard back to Amazon and hopefully I should get be able to get my pc working again

3 minutes ago, 148-3_ said:

Hi thank you very much for your response I have tried shorting the pins but there is still no response so I am going to return the motherboard back to Amazon and hopefully I should get be able to get my pc working again

That is a very good idea. Hopefully a new one fixes it! Good luck.