MacOS Lock-screen notifications

Is there any way to display Weather info on the Lock Screen of my Mac? 

I have a 2020 Intel MacBook Pro. I use the Sleep and wake feature and Id like to have temperature and weather info displayed for when I wake up for work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

-snip-

You can make an AppleScript or Automator action that sends a notification when a calendar event happens.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

12 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

when a calendar event happens.

I dont use my calendar like that. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I dont use my calendar like that. 

You can just create an "Automator" calendar that is hidden. It's the best option because it requires no extra CPU (since the calendar service is already running). Alternatively, you can use a cron job for a packaged Automator/AppleScript app.

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

You can also put a script in launchd, a GUI to edit scripts for it is Lingon.

Just now, ImAlsoRan said:

You can just create an "Automator" calendar that is hidden. It's the best option because it requires no extra CPU (since the calendar service is already running). Alternatively, you can use a cron job for a packaged Automator/AppleScript app.

But the Calendar apps doesnt provide Weather info. So how do I get weather from the calendar app. I should mention Ive only been using MacOS for about a year so no way am I an expert. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

But the Calendar apps doesnt provide Weather info. So how do I get weather from the calendar app. I should mention Ive only been using MacOS for about a year so no way am I an expert. 

You use the Calendar event as a trigger for an Automator action that gets the weather and sends a notification. To get the weather, you can use OpenWeatherMap's free API.

2 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

You use the Calendar event as a trigger for an Automator action that gets the weather and sends a notification. To get the weather, you can use OpenWeatherMap's free API.

So I essentially need to become a software developer? Because reading on Applescripting pretty much leads me to that conclusion. 

I was just hoping there was an app or setting I can change. 

• 7 months later...

So you would like to add weather info to your Screensaver ? Or just have like a weather widget/app popup whenever your Mac wakes ?