AMD GPU for ThinkStation P330 (Small/Tiny)

WhiteAirLock
Go to solution Solved by WhiteAirLock,

Looks like the WX 3200 will be fine for my workflow.

Specially since I can get it as brand new with warranty, I'll to my local hardware store and buy it.

Thanks for all the answers

Hi, I'll be traveling to a different country and since my ThinkPad has some issues that cannot be fixed in the next 24h, I would want to take my P330 with me.

The problem is that I bought it today and it turned out to have an Nvidia GPU. You know how the story goes when it comes to Team Green and GNU/Linux OS's..

My question is, which AMD USFF GPU could I buy and use with this "PC" that gives me somewhat decent performance when it comes to non-gaming stuff like cutting, blurring & rendering a 1080p clip from my GoPro.

If that's important, I have a small cutter and could theoretically cut two holes on the "maintenance cover" and run one of my universal GPU liquid coolers to the GPU.

The seller actually recommended me one GPU that goes by the codename RX-460P4HFG5 which (according to him) fits perfectly after removing the I/O plate but had bad experience with passive cooled GPU's

Radeon Pro WX 2100, Radeon Pro WX 3100 are pretty good small GPUs. I have used a WX 3100 and it performs around the same as an RX 560. 

Edit: I forgot about the WX 3200 and WX 4100, those would work too and are a bit more powerful than the 3100

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

Radeon Pro WX 2100, Radeon Pro WX 3100 are pretty good small GPUs. I have used a WX 3100 and it performs around the same as an RX 560. 

Edit: I forgot about the WX 3200 and WX 4100, those would work too and are a bit more powerful than the 3100

1 hour ago, Zagna said:

Radeon Pro WX 3200 would maybe have the best chance of matching with the custom bracket that P330 Tiny has?

Both of those WX 3200 and 4100 sound actually really good. I would have to check the prices.

I already see a brand new WX 3200 in my area, which is sold for 160$ and the WX 4100 for 144$ used/refurbished

Looks like the WX 3200 will be fine for my workflow.

Specially since I can get it as brand new with warranty, I'll to my local hardware store and buy it.

Thanks for all the answers