New setup on enterprise server

Hello guys, so at work a new server has arrived (new first one for the company im the "IT guy" ) its the first one i work in a enterprise environment i dint specs this server and what it comes whit is 2x Intel Xeon E5649 6 core 32gb ram ecc 6x 10 TB drives and a 10gb qlogic br-1860 2 port

i have seen that freenas doesn't work whit that NIC out of the box and would have to install the drivers for it (From what i have looked its a pain to do)

so what would be a good alternative to freenas that works whit that NIC and has the ability to run vm's

oh and i cant swap any component on the server so swapping the NIC out isn't an option :]

Esxi, hyper-V in windows server, Unraid (not really recommended for enterprise stuff),...

A Nas for us localy and a private cloud using nextcloud for external clients  werer they send us their files so we can work on them or vice versa and having the habitability to have vm would be nice to create a linux machine whit handbrake for example to encode small video files

19 minutes ago, banana21297 said:

A Nas for us localy and a private cloud using nextcloud for external clients  werer they send us their files so we can work on them or vice versa and having the habitability to have vm would be nice to create a linux machine whit handbrake for example to encode small video files

Id put like proxmox on it. Run vms as needed, then setup a vm/container for filesharing duties.