[no POST] Asus RTX 3090 ROG Strix does not boot, full fan speed

TheWutofWat

So I have finally gotten a RTX 3090 and what do you think happens when I install it in my PC? nothing, only full fan speed and no boot or POST, nada, nothing at all.

RGB works, lights are on, no image on screen and the EZ Debug on my MSI mobo is on the "VGA" so that it is defiantly the GPU I have....

I am unsure what to do now, I have done almost everything I can do to get the new gpu working and nothing works, you may suggest to contact Asus for a replacement well they say they can't send me a replacement and only the place I have gotten it from can send me a replacement, the place I have bought it from doesn't send replacements and told me to contact Asus for a replacement and so on and so on....

I have also tried this gpu on a friend's system with a 1200w PSU, it might have been my PSU not giving full power to the gpu but nope.

I have used THREE cables from the PSU to the GPU, no daisy chain, still nothing.

Edit: to add a few things, I am using a riser cable and no it didn't help plugging the gpu directly to the mobo, I have set the PCIE to Gen 3 in the BIOS

My specs:

AMD 5900x OC with AMD PBO

MSI X570-A Pro (latest BIOS update, non beta)

64GB Corsair RG RAM

EVGA 750GQ PSU

EVGA RTX 2080 (my old one that works fine, boots fine and plays fine)

Edited by Thefireofwar11
added more info

If the GPU isn't working on a friends' system either, then you have a bad GPU on your hands. RMA time, my friend.

I see you're in the UK. Previously I would have said contact the EU consumer protection agency, but as that isn't a path for you guys anymore...

I don't know, try to escalate with the UK office for ASUS?

Just now, Slizzo said:

If the GPU isn't working on a friends' system either, then you have a bad GPU on your hands. RMA time, my friend.

How can I get to do that, if Asus and the place I bought it from doesn't want to send a replacement to me >.>

1 minute ago, Thefireofwar11 said:

How can I get to do that, if Asus and the place I bought it from doesn't want to send a replacement to me >.>

Check my edit. I was changing it as you replied I think.

15 minutes ago, Thefireofwar11 said:

I have also tried this gpu on a friend's system with a 1200w PSU, it might have been my PSU not giving full power to the gpu but nope.

If you have tried your GPU on a different (working) system and it still doesn't boot then there's most likely an issue with the GPU itself..

You're not the first @Thefireofwar11 as quite a number of people have reported Nvidia RTX 3090's that were dead on arrival... 😞

Try to RMA, though I'm unsure how that process is going to get handled in reference to the current situation.. Maybe someone else can share some first hand experience with you 😕 

I will try to get in touch with Asus RMA team or something and see if they can help.

I will also get in touch with the place I got it from and see if they can send another one as well, I hope that this can get sorted out soonTM

• 4 weeks later...

After getting in touch with the RMA people and getting my heads on a brand new Corsair HX1000 psu and getting with the place I have bought the gpu from. 

NONE HAVE SOLVED MY ISSUE, no one will help me at all, no one will take the gpu back or fix it. 

Now I am stuck with this paperweight that is useless and expensive. 

I cannot express how much I HATE the people at Asus for saying "oh sorry we don't give replacement for your gpu" 

This has been a nightmare for me and I cannot take it anymore. 

I will NOT buy anymore products made by Asus