Questions

Do you need to attend college to get more educated with Pc's, and the specs, hardware, etc? just everything about pc's and actually knowing the logic behind every component ? or just do a lot of research?  like if someone was new to pc gaming and wanted to make a new build and had no idea on how to build one, I personally can tell them what parts to get for a low entry build of course, but if they were asking me questions such what is ram  so important ? or why do we need power supplies for ? you know what i mean ?

It all depends on what you want to know about PCs.

Learn how to build one?  Youtube will teach that.

Learn what each component is / does?  Youtube will teach that.

Learning how to code advanced stuff, or get into more niche tech?  School / certificates can (and do) help.

right, so in other words, going back on that same topic where as if someone was new to PC gaming and wanted to know everything there is to know on how to build a PC and just having general questions, I can just tell them just go on you tube for the most part. I mean that's where I learned.

23 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

Do you need to attend college to get more educated with Pc's, and the specs, hardware, etc? just everything about pc's and actually knowing the logic behind every component ? or just do a lot of research?  like if someone was new to pc gaming and wanted to make a new build and had no idea on how to build one, I personally can tell them what parts to get for a low entry build of course, but if they were asking me questions such what is ram  so important ? or why do we need power supplies for ? you know what i mean ?

I'm 15. Nothing I learned is from school. You just gain knowledge by watching reviews of certain parts, by talking to other people who know about tech, it all comes naturally I guess.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

right, so in other words, going back on that same topic where as if someone was new to PC gaming and wanted to know everything there is to know on how to build a PC and just having general questions, I can just tell them just go on you tube for the most part. I mean that's where I learned.

The best time to learn is when sourcing parts for a build. For example, in order to pick good RAM you'll end up learning about platform differences between Intel and AMD (infinity fabric, for example), the difference between clockspeed and timings and how they work together, rank, channels, etc. That is, of course, if you're actually attempting to make a truly informed choice and not just grabbing whatever is cheap or pretty.

Frankly, this is one of the most fun things about doing a build. It can be overwhelming at times, but you learn so much about how the components work. You're robbing yourself of the experience if you don't take advantage of it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

26 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

You can find an abundance of free resources on the internet (videos, articles, etc.) to learn more about computers / computer science.

If you're wanting to have a career in the tech / computer science industry then college and specific certifications will boost your chances of getting hired for quality positions over other candidates in the long run.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

these are such all great answers and i am truly great full for all of you. Thank you and I'm not looking to make a career out building PC's but i definitely enjoying it as a hobby. I only asked these questions because when people see me building pc's and decide to ask me to explain certain parts and why does it cost so much for certain parts? I personally would like what am i talking before and giving good advice to that someone instead of me saying just look online or getting some really expensive parts. Either way it depends on what that person is looking for and how much they're trying to spend because we all know that building a pc could be very expensive.