PC won't post

maxmagicbanana

Hello, I have just yesterday received my new processor and motherboard to change on my old PC. After a few problems getting the new motherboard in I attached everything and powered it. The fans and pump start and all the light from the fans and case light up but it will not post. My keyboard and mouse which have led does not light up though. I also learned that the PC will straight up not start when I plug the 8 and 4 pin connector. I am starting to believe the mobo I received might be dead and perhaps you could confirm my suspicions.

Build

Intel i7-11700k

Asrock z590 phantom gaming 4

G.skill ripjaws 5 16x1 ddr4-3200

Corsair h100 water coole

GTX 1060 6gb

EVGA 850B2

WD black 500gb nvme ssd

WD blue 1 and 2 TB hard drive

SP 512gb ssd

10 minutes ago, Haasi said:

Update mobo bios

I am unsure on how to do it since I cannot get it to post. Do I need to get another cpu to do it?

Update: I have put back the old computer together and it worked fine for about 30min before suddenly shutting down and now it won’t start again. When I press the button the only thing that happens is the light on the water lights up for a fraction of a second before stopping and it doesn’t do it until I turn the psu on and off manually. There seems to be power going in since the led on the GPU is working but the rest doesn’t do anything. Could I have killed my psu and that’s what is causing it?

12 hours ago, maxmagicbanana said:

Update: I have put back the old computer together and it worked fine for about 30min before suddenly shutting down and now it won’t start again. When I press the button the only thing that happens is the light on the water lights up for a fraction of a second before stopping and it doesn’t do it until I turn the psu on and off manually. There seems to be power going in since the led on the GPU is working but the rest doesn’t do anything. Could I have killed my psu and that’s what is causing it?

Probably. Try testing it with PSU testers on Amazon.

After testing my psu did die so I’ll have to get a new one. Other than that the pc did post when couple with another power supply. So as long as the new one doesn’t die like the one I had just bought then it’s all good.