Samsung Software Updates

NotFakeName

Is samsung still forcing users to download phone updates only on wifi? Or is there a way to download them on mobile data?

Taken from my A52 just now

There's no update available at the moment so I can't tell you for sure, but the wording would indicate that yes, it should be possible.

Screenshot_20210622-131201_Settings.thumb.jpg.6fef048b1f8e428a328e843c8a37ab1d.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Taken from my A52 just now

There's no update available at the moment so I can't tell you for sure, but the wording would indicate that yes, it should be possible.

Screenshot_20210622-131201_Settings.thumb.jpg.6fef048b1f8e428a328e843c8a37ab1d.jpg

Ok, thats nice, but I'm interested in older phones like A70, because on that phone I haven't found any way to do this on mobile data.

And you don't have access to a single wifi network to test it?

Can't you go to a starbuck or mcdonald or some other place with "free wifi" ? Your school, workplace, library?

If you're not getting any updates still, I would suggest hopping on a PC and downloading the update for manual install.
The A70 should've received the Android 11 update in May of this year.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I have access but that not important. Problem is that there is no way to download updates on mobile data on a70, on wifi it will normally download it which is not nice since on mobile data it will download faster

On 6/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, NotFakeName said:

I have access but that not important. Problem is that there is no way to download updates on mobile data on a70, on wifi it will normally download it which is not nice since on mobile data it will download faster

damn is wifi that bad in your region that you'd rather download over mobile data? or maybe mobile data is just faster where you live? 

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

6 hours ago, Hassan170 said:

damn is wifi that bad in your region that you'd rather download over mobile data? or maybe mobile data is just faster where you live? 

It's just laziness :D I don't have strength to put 20+ character password and I can't change it because i'm not the only one in the house and it would require putting new passwords on all devices that are currently connected.