Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Second NVME not showing up, new system

Go to solution Solved by BetteBalterZen,
3 minutes ago, SCPenguin said:

Yes, I can (after some googling on how to do that). Additionally, I just discovered that the 970 had been converted as a storage pool. I deleted the pool and now the drive shows up in disk management (see image). However, when I right click I do not get the normal "Initialize drive" option. Just "New Simple Volume", "Properties", and "Help". Not sure how to get it formatted or partitioned from here.

disk management.PNG

Try the new simple volume on the unallocated space, give it a drive letter, and so on. 

Built a new system and my second NVME is not showing up in disk management, I'm just trying to use it as secondary storage. I see it in the BIOs but can't find any meaningful way to adjust settings for it specifically. I've built a couple systems before but never had an issue with a drive not showing up. I would appreciate any assistance.

System specs:
-Ryzen 5800x

-ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
-TridentZ 3600

-RTX 3700 Ventus 3X OC

-Samsung 980 Pro (M.2_1)

-Samsung 970 EVO Plus (M.2_2)

-MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R AIO

-Windows 10 Home

Can you see the drive via list disk? 

CMD (as admin) > diskpart > list disk 

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming • Intel Core i7-8700K • ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 32GB • 
• Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB • Crucial MX500 2TB • Crucial MX300 1.05TB • 

• Corsair HXi 1200W 80-PLUS Platinum • 

( Full PC-setup such as CPU/GPU undervolt settings, monitors, peripherals, external HDD storage, audio equipment etc. can be found in the "System"-section of my PROFILEPAGE )

19 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Can you see the drive via list disk? 

CMD (as admin) > diskpart > list disk 

Yes, I can (after some googling on how to do that). Additionally, I just discovered that the 970 had been converted as a storage pool. I deleted the pool and now the drive shows up in disk management (see image). However, when I right click I do not get the normal "Initialize drive" option. Just "New Simple Volume", "Properties", and "Help". Not sure how to get it formatted or partitioned from here.

disk management.PNG

3 minutes ago, SCPenguin said:

disk management.PNG

Try the new simple volume on the unallocated space, give it a drive letter, and so on. 

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming • Intel Core i7-8700K • ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 • G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 32GB • 

( Full PC-setup such as CPU/GPU undervolt settings, monitors, peripherals, external HDD storage, audio equipment etc. can be found in the "System"-section of my PROFILEPAGE )

6 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Looks like this solved the issue. New to windows 10 so it was a slightly different process that tripped me up. Thank you very much for the help.

Just now, SCPenguin said:

Looks like this solved the issue. New to windows 10 so it was a slightly different process that tripped me up. Thank you very much for the help.

You're welcome 🙂