Final adjustments

jgminer15

Budget (including currency): $1000-3000 USD

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft(the bedrock on java using shader) Roblox (with shaders) NOTE: I don't have many games because I'm limited by my hardware I'm hoping to buy this new rig will open more games for me to play it's a big step up from a Lenovo b320 with an Intel Pentium G640

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 60+fps I'm not sure what the standard refresh rate is but I'm ok with somewhat above average 
The link to rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VV74TJ
Side notes: i usually collect tons of scripts for exploits so i want to have a big hardrive to store them in. Im also interested in getting trail makers but i have no clue what graphics card to get.

Edited by jgminer15

You don't have a gpu. Also this build is kinda weird with budget allocation.

So I recommend this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6zPPp2

For a start this system will actually boot.

You still need a gpu later if you want better performance but the hd730 is a nice stepping of point and will do well for minecraft. I made sure you can easily slap in a mid range card with this build later as you really do NOT have the budget for any decent gpu right now.

ah sorry i was not paying attention! i thought that was build price. im willing to spend about 500-800 for a gpu

If you're still thinking about maybe overclocking, you can keep the B550-F, otherwise you're overspending. Really you don't need that beefy ROG name-brand motherboard and could save yourself a few bucks going cheaper. You don't need fancy RGB especially since those timings kinda suck, CL18 on 3600MHz ram is comparatively slow to the cheaper, 3600MHz CL16 RAM I've selected for you with no RGB. From there I threw in a 500GB SN550 which is a very decent NVMe drive for Windows, while keeping the Seagate Barracuda drive for all your file storage needs. I doubt you'll ever get close to 2TB worth of scripts, actually anywhere near a few gigabytes I'd say, but it's the thought that counts. You don't need a crappy little NZXT Kraken cooler either, it costs an extra $20 but if you really want a water cooler over a simple NH-U12S, then you can go with the LiquidFreezer II 240mm. If you don't plan on overclocking, save yourself a bunch of cash and go with the NH-U12S, it'll cool just as well at stock settings and you don't have to wish the wear of a pump with a water cooler.

Here's my list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m4pXwz

remember you'll need a GPU to boot, the 3600 has no iGPU and won't boot.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

I wont be overclocking... and for the ram i just got lazy and slapped the first thing that popped up,as for the fan i despise fans for no apparent reason i want a dark and "clean" look with a soft glow illuminating  the case

7 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

If you're still thinking about maybe overclocking, you can keep the B550-F, otherwise you're overspending. Really you don't need that beefy ROG name-brand motherboard and could save yourself a few bucks going cheaper. You don't need fancy RGB especially since those timings kinda suck, CL18 on 3600MHz ram is comparatively slow to the cheaper, 3600MHz CL16 RAM I've selected for you with no RGB. From there I threw in a 500GB SN550 which is a very decent NVMe drive for Windows, while keeping the Seagate Barracuda drive for all your file storage needs. I doubt you'll ever get close to 2TB worth of scripts, actually anywhere near a few gigabytes I'd say, but it's the thought that counts. You don't need a crappy little NZXT Kraken cooler either, it costs an extra $20 but if you really want a water cooler over a simple NH-U12S, then you can go with the LiquidFreezer II 240mm. If you don't plan on overclocking, save yourself a bunch of cash and go with the NH-U12S, it'll cool just as well at stock settings and you don't have to wish the wear of a pump with a water cooler.

Here's my list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m4pXwz

remember you'll need a GPU to boot, the 3600 has no iGPU and won't boot.

Actually to amend my original build, I'd say if you wanted to be more realistic with your build and didn't really want to push the 3600 to its limits (really you don't want to) this is a better build. It eliminates the things you don't need while still offering similar performance for your use case and allows you extra cash to place into other things, like faster/bigger NVMe storage to really get speedy:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9H3rbh

NH-U12S Redux is excellent and cheap, throw on the second fan I threw in the mix and it'll outperform the more expensive NH-U12S non-redux cousin. If you're okay with a smaller board in that case, MicroATX might be your game, it tends to be cheaper without really leaving much on the table for lost performance or features. The ASRock B550M Pro4 is a pretty well-received mid-range B550 board that checks off the boxes without being filled with things you won't really be using. If you want faster storage for Windows and all your games, upgrade to that sweet sweet SN750 and get rolling, I can personally vouch for that drive because I own.

6 minutes ago, jgminer15 said:

I wont be overclocking... and for the ram i just got lazy and slapped the first thing that popped up,as for the fan i despise fans for no apparent reason i want a dark and "clean" look with a soft glow illuminating  the case

You will want tighter timings on the RAM, but if RGB is a priority TeamGroup makes some okay-enough RAM with RGB on it. You'll be sacrificing motherboard RGB by saving the $60 with the B550M Pro4 over the B550-F but that's up to you to decide if that's worth it.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

7 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

Actually to amend my original build, I'd say if you wanted to be more realistic with your build and didn't really want to push the 3600 to its limits (really you don't want to) this is a better build. It eliminates the things you don't need while still offering similar performance for your use case and allows you extra cash to place into other things, like faster/bigger NVMe storage to really get speedy:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9H3rbh

NH-U12S Redux is excellent and cheap, throw on the second fan I threw in the mix and it'll outperform the more expensive NH-U12S non-redux cousin. If you're okay with a smaller board in that case, MicroATX might be your game, it tends to be cheaper without really leaving much on the table for lost performance or features. The ASRock B550M Pro4 is a pretty well-received mid-range B550 board that checks off the boxes without being filled with things you won't really be using. If you want faster storage for Windows and all your games, upgrade to that sweet sweet SN750 and get rolling, I can personally vouch for that drive because I own.

You will want tighter timings on the RAM, but if RGB is a priority TeamGroup makes some okay-enough RAM with RGB on it. You'll be sacrificing motherboard RGB by saving the $60 with the B550M Pro4 over the B550-F but that's up to you to decide if that's worth it.

Just throw out the ram rgb, its gonna mess with my lighting strips anyways. i went the the ballistix you recommend give me like 5 minutes and i will send you a newer rig which you can help me on

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CGjmMv is this a better?

forgot the graphics card and power supply i will do with those later.
I removed the rgb ram as it was never going to be in the final build i changed mother boards. But my question is can the mother board power the case's rgb?

10 minutes ago, jgminer15 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CGjmMv is this a better?

forgot the graphics card and power supply i will do with those later.
I removed the rgb ram as it was never going to be in the final build i changed mother boards. But my question is can the mother board power the case's rgb?

Remove the 120mm AIO and use the money for a 5600x instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Im quite stubborn when it comes to changing the aio.
I will be using the pc for about 5-11 hours and somtimes i sometimes leave it on for 24-48 hours for afk farming . So will an aio make more noise than a fan. This is a starter pc so i can upgrade it when i need more power for gaming.

7 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

I tend to be clumsy as well so thats why i want an aio so i dont have to open the case that often for cleaning for being dusty. My room is used to store tons of stuff by my father so it tends to get extremely dusty

4 minutes ago, jgminer15 said:

Im quite stubborn when it comes to changing the aio.
I will be using the pc for about 5-11 hours and somtimes i sometimes leave it on for 24-48 hours for afk farming . So will an aio make more noise than a fan. This is a starter pc so i can upgrade it when i need more power for gaming.

Get a sycthe fuma 2 you can not hear it and it is FAR better than that weak little 120mm aio that is beat by a hyper 212 even in the silence department.

Watercooling is not better than air cooling they both do the same thing in different ways.

3 minutes ago, jgminer15 said:

I tend to be clumsy as well so thats why i want an aio so i dont have to open the case that often for cleaning for being dusty. My room is used to store tons of stuff by my father so it tends to get extremely dusty

Getting an aio vs an air cooler will NOT decrease dust. You will need to clean the system the same with either.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Getting an aio vs an air cooler will NOT decrease dust. You will need to clean the system the same with either.

ah i see

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Get a sycthe fuma 2 you can not hear it and it is FAR better than that weak little 120mm aio that is beat by a hyper 212 even in the silence department.

Watercooling is not better than air cooling they both do the same thing in different ways.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V92Xwz 

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You made 2 topics which is in general a nono for the same thing so I answered you with a better build in the second topic you made.

I have edited and changed some stuff, the people who i was talking to went offline. the rig you sent me has a chance of having an outdated bios. My rig cpu is not intended on being used at full blast rather long times when im sleeping. 

Just now, jgminer15 said:

I have edited and changed some stuff, the people who i was talking to went offline. the rig you sent me has a chance of having an outdated bios. My rig cpu is not intended on being used at full blast rather long times when im sleeping. 

Ok so? This rig is focused on silence and good cooling so I don't see an issue with using it like that at all?

That warning exists for basically every b550 board (including your asrock). It CAN happen but the nice thing about the msi board is that it can do a cpuless bios update with just a usb stick and power to it if need be.

So this build will 99% work out of the box and 1% need you to plug a usb stick into it with the right bios on it. Either way you do a testboot on the motherboard box with the cpu, motherboard, ram, psu and gpu (+of course the cooler installed) on the motherboardbox anyway. If you weren't planning on doing it do it anyway saves you A LOT of trouble if something came broken in the mail and you just spent all that time building a system when you can do a quick testboot on the box and all you had to do was put the cooler on as the hardest part.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok so? This rig is focused on silence and good cooling so I don't see an issue with using it like that at all?

That warning exists for basically every b550 board (including your asrock). It CAN happen but the nice thing about the msi board is that it can do a cpuless bios update with just a usb stick and power to it if need be.

So this build will 99% work out of the box and 1% need you to plug a usb stick into it with the right bios on it. Either way you do a testboot on the motherboard box with the cpu, motherboard, ram, psu and gpu (+of course the cooler installed) on the motherboardbox anyway. If you weren't planning on doing it do it anyway saves you A LOT of trouble if something came broken in the mail and you just spent all that time building a system when you can do a quick testboot on the box and all you had to do was put the cooler on as the hardest part.

ah i see give me about 6 minutes for me to think and scrap up a new rig

Just now, jaslion said:

Why? I already gave you a parts list that is pretty much exactly what you want?

mind sending me the link again

2 minutes ago, jgminer15 said:

interesting,,,

if not i will accept lost and start planning my next phase