Router suggestions /modem

beastintheeast

Hey. So I'm looking for a new router. I bought a nighthawk archer a 20 and it's stopped working within 3 months. Can anyone recommend a router with good wireless speed, I don't need WiFi 6 but I would t mind it unless it way over priced. I like to game a lot but I use Ethernet but other people stream a lot with WiFi. Anyone can suggest a few good ones for about 120 or less  bucks. Thatd be awesome. Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, beastintheeast said:

Hey. So I'm looking for a new router. I bought a nighthawk archer a 20 and it's stopped working within 3 months. Can anyone recommend a router with good wireless speed, I don't need WiFi 6 but I would t mind it unless it way over priced. I like to game a lot but I use Ethernet but other people stream a lot with WiFi. Anyone can suggest a few good ones for about 120 or less  bucks. Thatd be awesome. Thanks in advance. 

Do you need just a router or a modem/router? If its the modem/router then we need to know what kinda of internet you have because modems are internet type specific. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

It depends how large of an area you want the router to cover as well as the max download/upload mbps of your internet.

AMD 5800X | Noctua NH-15

ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | 3200MHz 16GB RAM

RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra

750W EVGA PSU

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Do you need just a router or a modem/router? If its the modem/router then we need to know what kinda of internet you have because modems are internet type specific. 

I don't need a router modem combo, although I'd like to replace my modem but if there is a good router with modem, I have spectrum internet

4 minutes ago, beastintheeast said:

I don't need a router modem combo, although I'd like to replace my modem but if there is a good router with modem, I have spectrum internet

If I recall right Spectrum has a habit of giving out Puma 6 modems. Which are known to have issues. Im going to tell you this, you DONT want a combo. They generally are shit. A standard cable modem and separate router are always better. The first thing you need to verify is that you have a standard cable modem. Because I think Spectrum still issues those but I have heard about them also issuing Gateways (modem/router). 

Second what speed are you subscribed to? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.