Pre-built or using old GPU

Budget (including currency): 1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Productivity (IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code, etc.), Gaming (Mostly Escape from Tarkov, BF4, Path of Exile)

Other details: I have a spare RX570 that right now does the work whit a old i5 6400 CPU. I have two options, that are buying a pre-built, or building a pc and sticking the spare RX570 there. I'm not picky in Graphics settings, as i try to squeeze the most of FPS possible.

What should i do? Get a pre-built, although they are more expensive due to the GPU shortage, or do this built and use an Rx570 and wait for this to cool down.

Thanks

This is the build if i would use the RX570: https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/TVg6W

20 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I'd say use the 570 and wait for things to calm down before you buy something new. The 570 is still a pretty capable 1080p card.

This and for 1000$ you usually get at best a 1650 super. Whilst better it won't be a night and day difference.

Does this then open the budget more as in 1000€ for the system now and then later the gpu has it's own budget (keep in mind it will easily take another year) or is this all of it?

23 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This and for 1000$ you usually get at best a 1650 super. Whilst better it won't be a night and day difference.

Does this then open the budget more as in 1000€ for the system now and then later the gpu has it's own budget (keep in mind it will easily take another year) or is this all of it?

The 1000€ budget would be for the Pre-Built. Now for the GPU i would later down the line be able to spend some more (400€).

If you end up with a pre-build, just make sure it uses the standart ATX configuration so that you can actually upgrade it later on.

Some of them use propetary power supplies, connectors, motherboards and cases.

40 minutes ago, Gaires said:

If you end up with a pre-build, just make sure it uses the standart ATX configuration so that you can actually upgrade it later on.

Some of them use propetary power supplies, connectors, motherboards and cases.

Cough cough *dell