780 stuttering?

Hey doods! My 780 SC w/ACX seems to be stuttering in CS:GO, is it the card or the game? I believe its due to the optimization of the game, but I am worried about my card. I actually just got the card, so I still believe its optimization. Any ideas?

Does it stutter in other games?

Not that I have noticed. 

By stutter do you mean low FPS?

Play in windowed mode and monitor the temps, my first 780 I had to RMA due to it shitting itself after hitting 80C.

By stutter do you mean low FPS?

Play in windowed mode and monitor the temps, my first 780 I had to RMA due to it shitting itself after hitting 80C.

My 780 doesn't even hit 30% usage, and the temps are at 40C.

Then it's the game.

I actually ended up pushing my fps max and I'm hitting 400-600 frames, less stuttering, but I still drop to the 350s.

Seriously though guys, I am starting to get worried about my card, I even stutter a bit in Civ 5. I get 600-400fps on CS:GO, but it stutters down to the 350s and low 300s. I am worried because I just built my new setup. Anyone out there?

Mate, what do you mean by stutter? 300fps+ is not stutter in any case, unless you'r getting tearing on your monitor due to such high fps or input lag from some other component.  The card it self seems to be fine if it is pumping out good fps, try to limit your fps with vsync or use a program like afterburner from msi (possibly also from another vendor is well) and set it up to limit fps to around 60 and see what happens.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

Mate, what do you mean by stutter? 300fps+ is not stutter in any case, unless you'r getting tearing on your monitor due to such high fps or input lag from some other component.  The card it self seems to be fine if it is pumping out good fps, try to limit your fps with vsync or use a program like afterburner from msi (possibly also from another vendor is well) and set it up to limit fps to around 60 and see what happens.

Hes having frame drops and when frames go from 600 to 300, there's gonna visible lag.

I actually ended up pushing my fps max and I'm hitting 400-600 frames, less stuttering, but I still drop to the 350s. 

Honestly I would just frame lock it to 200 or something. You don't need 600 fps in Cs:go. Maybe the game isnt running right because of too many frames? lol. Theres a command you can input into the console to lock frames. I think its something like fps_max xxx.

xxx Being the frames you want to cap it at so for example: fps_max 200 caps your frames at 200.

Hes having frame drops and when frames go from 600 to 300, there's gonna visible lag.

Honestly I would just frame lock it to 200 or something. You don't need 600 fps in Cs:go. Maybe the game isnt running right because of too many frames? lol. Theres a command you can input into the console to lock frames. I think its something like fps_max xxx.

xxx Being the frames you want to cap it at so for example: fps_max 200 caps your frames at 200.

Visible/ noticeable lag from 600 to 300? Ok can't say that your wrong or right because never had this much fps my self to experience it. But I would say unless your on crack, just drunk 10 redbulls and God knows what else I can't imagine this being game play braking effect...

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

Visible/ noticeable lag from 600 to 300? Ok can't say that your wrong or right because never had this much fps my self to experience it. But I would say unless your on crack, just drunk 10 redbulls and God knows what else I can't imagine this being game play braking effect...

It is actually quite noticeable because the game skips frames for a second.

Mate, what do you mean by stutter? 300fps+ is not stutter in any case, unless you'r getting tearing on your monitor due to such high fps or input lag from some other component. The card it self seems to be fine if it is pumping out good fps, try to limit your fps with vsync or use a program like afterburner from msi (possibly also from another vendor is well) and set it up to limit fps to around 60 and see what happens.

I'll consider doing that, but I was just testing what I can max in frames and the results were great, but the stuttering not so great.

I'll consider doing that, but I was just testing what I can max in frames and the results were great, but the stuttering not so great.

You do have Vsync on, yes? 

If no, are you getting frame tearing, per chance? From what I've read, it sounds like you hit a point where the game(s) are poorly optimized, slashing your frames. Even at such high framerates, there would be 2-10 frames where the images skip or 'stutter' with the amount of loss it sounds like you're getting. Do as everyone else has told you to do and stop bumping unless you get some new information to contribute. "I'll consider doing that" and then bumping the thread doesn't help your cause. "I'll consider it" then you post after you try it would be the *correct* way to help us help you. 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

You do have Vsync on, yes? 

If no, are you getting frame tearing, per chance? From what I've read, it sounds like you hit a point where the game(s) are poorly optimized, slashing your frames. Even at such high framerates, there would be 2-10 frames where the images skip or 'stutter' with the amount of loss it sounds like you're getting. Do as everyone else has told you to do and stop bumping unless you get some new information to contribute. "I'll consider doing that" and then bumping the thread doesn't help your cause. "I'll consider it" then you post after you try it would be the *correct* way to help us help you. 

You have a point good sir, but I was just wondering if anyone had other information about the issue. I will report back soon!

UPDATE: Turned on vsync and I still get a little stutter/tear, not really noticeable like before, but this time the frame rate doesn't drop. Civ has been getting some stutter, but that is during empires/city states/barb turns.