What do the arrows mean

Lithios

When I was inserting my 24 pin connector into my motherboard I noticed arrows on them what do they mean?

3F7DD5EC-12FB-4076-9C40-31C77B6E82DC.jpeg

Do you see that little lip above the arrow on the 4pin bit? it is supposed to go under the edge of the 20pin bit. That way it can be pushed down, held into place, and properly seated. As it is pictured in your image, the 4pin is not pushed in all the way. The arrows should be lined up when properly put in.

I would strongly recommend powering down the pc and properly plugging it in the connector.

The arrows show which way they go together. You need to hook them up properly so the 4 pin connector is below the 20 pin connector so it clicks together and fits in to the motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450