5.25" fan controller ? needed for 2 pin (wire) fans? for a REBUILD ! or can fans get a replant

crooked windows

Q1. Will a dedicated fan controller eg.5.25" font panel  Lamptron FC Touch, control 2 pin fans? NOT 3 pin (like the norm now a days)

Q2  Can 2 wired fan motors be replanted with 3 or 4 wired motors  -  as this will reuse my old UV reactive vans.

Q3 would a fan hub splitter work?

NB these are 80 mm  fans which are super hard to find where I live (most sellers won't post here) while paying 3x the norn. and if I did they would be as beautiful as Noctuas.

I don't wish to plug fans in motherboard and run them at 100% or using plugged in resistors

rebuild NIGHTmare started with an:

ATX UV reactive acrylic case    .    .    . KEEPING

Gigabyte Athlon 64  dead rear IO  .    . replaced with MSI Motar Titanium B550

Zalman 450W silver braided cables    . replaced with Corsair 650 RGB white  to colour match lol (cable all wrong on Zalman)

???????? RAM    .    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   . replace with 3200MHz Ballistic sport

ATHLON  64    .    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   . replaced with AMD 5 3200M

Winamp    .    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .  .   . replaced with Winamp

It should work,

The 3rd cable is for rpm signal so you don't need it (if your controller can function without getting feedback)

Those 2 pin fans are DC fans (not pwm fans which are the norm nowadays with 4 pin)

It seems your controller handles only DC fans anyway

I'm willing to swim against the current.

2 hours ago, crooked windows said:

Q1. Will a dedicated fan controller eg.5.25" font panel  Lamptron FC Touch, control 2 pin fans? NOT 3 pin (like the norm now a days)

Q2  Can 2 wired fan motors be replanted with 3 or 4 wired motors  -  as this will reuse my old UV reactive vans.

Q3 would a fan hub splitter work?

It should work,

The 3rd cable is for rpm signal so you don't need it (if your controller can function without getting feedback)

Those 2 pin fans are DC fans (not pwm fans which are the norm nowadays with 4 pin)

2 hours ago, crooked windows said:

I don't wish to plug fans in motherboard and run them at 100% or using plugged in resistors

What do you mean 100% ? your motherboard can control those fans natively

Edit :

From your motherboard manual :

Fan connectors can be classified as PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Mode or DC Mode.
PWM Mode fan connectors provide constant 12V output and adjust fan speed with
speed control signal. DC Mode fan connectors control fan speed by changing voltage.
When you plug a 3-pin (Non-PWM) fan to a fan connector in PWM mode, the fan speed
will always maintain at 100%, which might create a lot of noise. You can follow the
instruction below to adjust the fan connector to PWM or DC Mode. However, with autodetection
mode fan connectors, the system will auto detect the fan mode...

I'm willing to swim against the current.

On 6/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, leclod said:

It should work,

What do you mean 100% ? your motherboard can control those fans natively

Edit :

From your motherboard manual :

Fan connectors can be classified as PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Mode or DC Mode.
PWM Mode fan connectors provide constant 12V output and adjust fan speed with
speed control signal. DC Mode fan connectors control fan speed by changing voltage.
When you plug a 3-pin (Non-PWM) fan to a fan connector in PWM mode, the fan speed
will always maintain at 100%, which might create a lot of noise. You can follow the
instruction below to adjust the fan connector to PWM or DC Mode. However, with autodetection
mode fan connectors, the system will auto detect the fan mode...

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I need to rewire all fans with wire thats less stiff than fencing wire and get 3 pin plugs opposed to the hack I previously did and do a job on cable management cos ya can't hide an ant in it but shipping time is >6 weeks if the M.2 I ordered  is to go by so I have some time.

Crystal case.jpg