Should I Upgrade My PSU?

NapoleonJonamite

Hey all! Kinda new here, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place...

Anyway, I recently had to RMA my RTX 2070 XC Black from EVGA due to freezes and crashes. I'm receiving my replacement card, but am curious if I should keep my current power supply or if I should upgrade it just in case. I'm currently running an EVGA 650 SuperNova G3 for the system, and am considering the 750 GA in its place if I need to upgrade for the sake of my card. Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, NapoleonJonamite said:

Hey all! Kinda new here, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place...

Anyway, I recently had to RMA my RTX 2070 XC Black from EVGA due to freezes and crashes. I'm receiving my replacement card, but am curious if I should keep my current power supply or if I should upgrade it just in case. I'm currently running an EVGA 650 SuperNova G3 for the system, and am considering the 750 GA in its place if I need to upgrade for the sake of my card. Thoughts?

Welcome to the Forum!

What is your CPU , cooler and the new GPU?

Thanks Omar! CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (No OC), cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black, and the new GPU is from EVGA, the RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming.

1 minute ago, NapoleonJonamite said:

Thanks Omar! CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (No OC), cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black, and the new GPU is from EVGA, the RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming.

A 650w is enough no need to upgrade you can still upgrade to 5600x with 3060ti without changing the PSU

3 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

A 650w is enough no need to upgrade you can still upgrade to 5600x with 3060ti without changing the PSU

Awesome! Saved me some money there!

So only consider the upgrade if I were to go higher spec, such as a 5800x with 3070-3080, yes?

14 hours ago, NapoleonJonamite said:

Awesome! Saved me some money there!

So only consider the upgrade if I were to go higher spec, such as a 5800x with 3070-3080, yes?

yes