System:

BIOs: Latest. 

Mobo: Asrock B450 Pro4.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x. 

Cooler: Standard Wraith AMD RGB. 

Ram: 64GB 3000MHz CL16 Corsair RGB. 

GPU: MSI RTX 2070.

PSU: MWE Gold Coolermaster 750W

Storage: P1 Crucial 500GB M.2, a Generic 4TB HDD.

Software that was running: FiveM (GTA V), Team speak, Discord, Chrome (about 13 tabs), and task manager. 

Things I've tried: Unhooking everything besides CPU and 1 stick of Ram, Pulling out Cmos battery for 6 hours (just incase), unplugging from the wall for many hours, reseating the CPU, tested both sticks of Ram. 

So, I was playing GTA V and suddenly my screen went black, my PC had completely booted down, it had been running a bit slow over the past few days but I thought it was cause of the newest windows update, now when I press power (after unplugging from the wall and plugging back in)  it will flicker on for a split second, RGB and all, then it instantly shuts back off before post or anything. 

There is a click now which I believe is the relay switch for the power supply clicking on and then off everytime I try to boot it. 

I don't have a multimeeter sadly so I can't test the PSU as far as I know anyways. 

Any ideas on why it would randomly so this? Or any ideas on things I could test to see what the problem is? 

Check the PSU by shorting the green wire on the ATX 24 pin with any black wire and see if the fan spins, If it doesn't connect something like a harddrive and hear it for any noises.

if you remove HDD will it boot? as that could slow things down, although shouldn't create this kind of issue.

can you get into BIOS? But it also kind of sounds like the PSU is tripping, and if you heard a sound like the PSU tripping at the time it happened?

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

if you remove HDD will it boot? as that could slow things down, although shouldn't create this kind of issue.

can you get into BIOS? But it also kind of sounds like the PSU is tripping, and if you heard a sound like the PSU tripping at the time it happened?

If I'm being honest I had music going in my ears so even if it did make a sound there was like no chance I'd have ever heard it. And nope, no bios, I can't even get it to stay on much less get it to post lol, I could try to remove it, I seriously doubt that it would keep it from starting up tho

50 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Check the PSU by shorting the green wire on the ATX 24 pin with any black wire and see if the fan spins, If it doesn't connect something like a harddrive and hear it for any noises.

Hmm.. Alright, I'm not gonna lie I've seen people talk about stuff like that with Bobby pins or something, I've just always been too scared to do it, but I'll give it a go, got nothing to lose I guess. Thanks for the response! 

1 minute ago, ZmBzRALIVE said:

If I'm being honest I had music going in my ears so even if it did make a sound there was like no chance I'd have ever heard it. And nope, no bios, I can't even get it to stay on much less get it to post lol, I could try to remove it, I seriously doubt that it would keep it from starting up tho

if you have warranty, you might send the PSU back. only thing I would expect to go so sudden and if you got LEDs on the motherboard? (might not work in this case).

there could be other components being bad, but mostly need an PSU that works if the other components seems like they might be fine.

4 minutes ago, ZmBzRALIVE said:

Hmm.. Alright, I'm not gonna lie I've seen people talk about stuff like that with Bobby pins or something, I've just always been too scared to do it, but I'll give it a go, got nothing to lose I guess. Thanks for the response! 

This is nothing dangerous, even Corsair mentions this on their website as a way to test a psu https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025085372-How-to-Test-a-power-supply-unit