Trouble with my iPhone 7 battery.

Totallycasual

My phone is old but still worked pretty well, up until yesterday that is.  My battery health still says 84% like it did last week but all of a sudden it goes flat super quick, i charged it last night, went to bed and it was on 1% when i woke up this morning even though i didn't touch it for the previous 6-7 hours.  Even with my 84% battery health i'd still wake up with my phone in the high 90's under the same circumstances on any other normal day. 

The only thing that changed was that i updated both my phone and watch yesterday afternoon, i'm assuming that this has something to do with it, has Apple deliberately ruined my phone or has some super heavy draw functionality been kicked on by the update?  Things seem to have gone horribly wrong out of nowhere 😥

I have a couple of old 7s that my kids use when they cant have their iPads.. its just old. It says 84 but its probably really in the 70s. I think they say to replace it at 82 or something like that.. so your pretty much there.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I have a couple of old 7s that my kids use when they cant have their iPads.. its just old. It says 84 but its probably really in the 70s. I think they say to replace it at 82 or something like that.. so your pretty much there.

But isn't it meant to be a slow degradation?  The phone was working perfectly well with a usable battery range (albeit slightly degraded) and then all of a sudden it falls off a cliff in one day 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

But isn't it meant to be a slow degradation?  The phone was working perfectly well with a usable battery range (albeit slightly degraded) and then all of a sudden it falls off a cliff in one day 🤷‍♂️

You said you updated iOS? When you do that iOS is busy for a day or so, likely the cpu got pegged and the battery didn’t have the power to drive it. Like an old Samsung phone.. working great with 80% showing on the indicator and boom it restarts for what seems to be no reason and when the screen lights up again it shows 20 something lol.. you know what I mean right?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

5 minutes ago, freeagent said:

You said you updated iOS? When you do that iOS is busy for a day or so, likely the cpu got pegged and the battery didn’t have the power to drive it. Like an old Samsung phone.. working great with 80% showing on the indicator and boom it restarts for what seems to be no reason and when the screen lights up again it shows 20 something lol.. you know what I mean right?

I'll give it a day or so to see if it returns to normal then i guess, cheers.