Wired Upload Speed Issue

Merilsion

Currently my upload speeds are maxing out at around 0.4 mbps, while my download speed is at 900+ mbps. This is on a desktop I built a few months ago. My upload speeds were fine a few weeks ago, but lately have been terrible. I noticed the issue when I tried to go live on twitch. Initially I thought it was an issue with Twitch, but had the same issue on Youtube Live. I then thought it was an issue with my ISP but my upload speed on mobile is around 3mbps and a similar speed is seen other computers using wireless internet. I am not sure what the issue is, but my guess is the most recent windows update (but that's just a guess). My pc does not have an internet m.2 or other form of wireless card.

PC Specs

Ryzen 5 3600

X570 ASrock Phantom Gaming 4
RX 6800
Windows 10 (most recent version as of this post)
32GB of 3000hz RAM

SSD and HDD storages

*Update*
I disabled Windows Auto-Tuning which has brought my upload speed up to 2.1mbps, but my download speed is down from 900mbps to 250mbps. Is this normal? This download speed is similar to that of my wireless devices. I may have resolved the issue, but I'm not sure download speed is lower now.

8 minutes ago, Merilsion said:

*Update*
I disabled Windows Auto-Tuning which has brought my upload speed up to 2.1mbps, but my download speed is down from 900mbps to 250mbps. Is this normal? This download speed is similar to that of my wireless devices. I may have resolved the issue, but I'm not sure download speed is lower now.

Disabling Window Auto-Tuning will hurt your download speed. This will not likely be the solution.

What is the expected upload speed of your internet? Are there any things that could cause latency between you and the router? (Switches, Wi-Fi extenders with an ethernet port, really long cables or multiple cables connected together, etc)

37 minutes ago, Merilsion said:

Currently my upload speeds are maxing out at around 0.4 mbps, while my download speed is at 900+ mbps. This is on a desktop I built a few months ago. My upload speeds were fine a few weeks ago, but lately have been terrible. I noticed the issue when I tried to go live on twitch. Initially I thought it was an issue with Twitch, but had the same issue on Youtube Live. I then thought it was an issue with my ISP but my upload speed on mobile is around 3mbps and a similar speed is seen other computers using wireless internet. I am not sure what the issue is, but my guess is the most recent windows update (but that's just a guess). My pc does not have an internet m.2 or other form of wireless card.

PC Specs

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 6800
32GB of 3000hz RAM

SSD and HDD storages

What kinda of internet do you have? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

What kinda of internet do you have? 

I have AT&T

2 hours ago, BadBoyHaloCat said:

Disabling Window Auto-Tuning will hurt your download speed. This will not likely be the solution.

What is the expected upload speed of your internet? Are there any things that could cause latency between you and the router? (Switches, Wi-Fi extenders with an ethernet port, really long cables or multiple cables connected together, etc)

Not sure what my expected speed is. I have a relatively long cable from my router to my pc. But this has not been an issue till recently, so I don't know why it would be the cable.

2 hours ago, Merilsion said:

PC Specs

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 6800
32GB of 3000hz RAM

SSD and HDD storages

Well generally if all devices are showing issues, its an issue with the gateway or its an issue with the service. If only one device is showing an issue than its the device. It sounds like other devices are having issues as AT&T Fiber is a symmetrical service last I heard. I know from reading that AT&T's gateway is a pile of shit. So that could very well be the issue.

Have you tried restarting the gateway?  

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Well generally if all devices are showing issues, its an issue with the gateway or its an issue with the service. If only one device is showing an issue than its the device. It sounds like other devices are having issues as AT&T Fiber is a symmetrical service last I heard. I know from reading that AT&T's gateway is a pile of shit. So that could very well be the issue.

Have you tried restarting the gateway?  

The issue isn't on other devices, only on my wired PC.

3 hours ago, Merilsion said:

but my upload speed on mobile is around 3mbps and a similar speed is seen other computers using wireless internet.

That would indicate an issue if the upload speed on your mobile phone is only 3 Mbps. It should be around 1 Gbps like your download, while I know its wireless, Id expect at least a few hundred Mbps at the very least. I know for a fact you have Fiber. Because AT&T CANT offer Gigabit speeds via DSL, most VDSL connection top out at 50 Mbps, or if your close enough you can get 100 Mbps. Even with a crappy router, I would expect speeds higher than 3 Mbps on wireless devices. Even then lots of times rebooting can fix weird issues. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

That would indicate an issue if the upload speed on your mobile phone is only 3 Mbps. It should be around 1 Gbps like your download, while I know its wireless, Id expect at least a few hundred Mbps at the very least. I know for a fact you have Fiber. Because AT&T CANT offer Gigabit speeds via DSL, most VDSL connection top out at 50 Mbps, or if your close enough you can get 100 Mbps. Even with a crappy router, I would expect speeds higher than 3 Mbps on wireless devices. Even then lots of times rebooting can fix weird issues. 

I'll try that when people aren't using the internet

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Restarting the gateway did not resolve the issue. Download speed is high, upload is low.

5 hours ago, Merilsion said:

Restarting the gateway did not resolve the issue. Download speed is high, upload is low.

Call ATT.