IEMS or headphones

Nooblite

In general, I use the samsung akg earbuds that came with my s10 to watch youtube videos, do schoolwork and play single player games. Is it worth spending the extra money on a pair of wired overear headphones, or should I save my money and stick to iems?

Someone recommended this for $29 canadian, but I want to know if I should increase my budget for overear headphones instead.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XDRSWVT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A9TV3ZFBO6QDZ&psc=1

If your budget is less than $80 canadian I wanna say stick to iems unless your open to getting a pair of Koss ksc 75. Also the vk4 is not at all worth that price. The kx edx imo is better for a lot less money. If you are open to buying from linsoul or ali Express your options also open up more

Whats wrong with koss ksc75? Will other people be able to hear my audio?

I'm hoping to spend under $30 canadian on a good set of iems. Is the kz edx the best value for sound and money?

https://www.amazon.ca/Earphones-Dynamic-Earbuds-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B08HQRYV7L

I also heard the the apple usb c to 3.5mm dongle is a decent dac for cheap. Is it worth it?

https://www.amazon.ca/Apple-USB-C-Headphone-Adapter-MU7E2AM/dp/B07K25P3N1/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=apple+dongle+3.5&qid=1624029271&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Just now, Nooblite said:

Whats wrong with koss ksc75? Will other people be able to hear my audio?

I'm hoping to spend under $30 canadian on a good set of iems. Is the kz edx the best value for sound and money?

https://www.amazon.ca/Earphones-Dynamic-Earbuds-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B08HQRYV7L

No idea about this specific pair but most cheap Chinese IEMs (KZs especially) tend to be phenomenal value. I agree with Rice Guru that you should stick with IEMs until you have at least a hundred bucks or so to spend.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No idea about this specific pair but most cheap Chinese IEMs (KZs especially) tend to be phenomenal value. I agree with Rice Guru that you should stick with IEMs until you have at least a hundred bucks or so to spend.

Is it worth adding the apple 3.5mm to usb c dongle as a dac, or should i just stick with just the iem?

2 minutes ago, Nooblite said:

Is it worth adding the apple 3.5mm to usb c dongle as a dac, or should i just stick with just the iem?

I don't get what you're asking. 

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't get what you're asking. 

I have that you can connect your headset to a dac, and the dac to the audio source and it will improve the quality of the audio. 

I have also heard that apple's 3.5mm to usb c dongle is a good quality dac, and its only $9 on amazon.

is it worth buying the dac or not, since the iem is only $13

1 minute ago, Nooblite said:

I have that you can connect your headset to a dac, and the dac to the audio source and it will improve the quality of the audio. 

If there's a difference at all it won't be huge on a $15 pair of IEMs.

I have also heard that apple's 3.5mm to usb c dongle is a good quality dac, and its only $9 on amazon.

I mean even if it's a legit Apple product and actually has a DAC inside, it likely isn't any better than the one in your phone.

is it worth buying the dac or not, since the iem is only $13

Nope

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈