I'm confused

Hello there,
I have system with an I3 10100, Z490 motherboard (from a friend), RX 5500XT 8GB, 650W gold psu and 16gb ram.
I am using this system for engineering work (mostly matlab,solidworks,autocad), premiere pro and gaming.
I want to upgrade my CPU to make my work easier.
I have an Hyper 212 Black but I can't decide between i5 11600k and i5 10600k.
The difference here is 50 euro. Is the 11600k worth the extra money?
Or maybe I should wait for alder lake and next gen ryzen with DDR5?

If you go for the 11600k you will most likely require a bios update if it's not already done ... if you're not comfortable with that perspective then you should just forget the 11th gen and go with the 10th gen ...

DDR5 at first will most likely be quite expensive so I'm not sure it's that good of an idea to wait for it specially if you don't want to pay the early adopter tax. 

Personally I would go for the i510600k or if you don't mind doing a bios update and waiting for the 11600k to be on sale well that would probably be the best thing to do ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Are you going to overclock? If not, then consider the 10700/F as well

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 hours ago, Dr0y said:

If you go for the 11600k you will most likely require a bios update if it's not already done ... if you're not comfortable with that perspective then you should just forget the 11th gen and go with the 10th gen ...

DDR5 at first will most likely be quite expensive so I'm not sure it's that good of an idea to wait for it specially if you don't want to pay the early adopter tax. 

Personally I would go for the i510600k or if you don't mind doing a bios update and waiting for the 11600k to be on sale well that would probably be the best thing to do ...

I have done many bios updates in the past and I have the PC connected to a UPS in case of power failure. I am mostly curious about the performance though.

4 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Are you going to overclock? If not, then consider the 10700/F as well

I am gonna overclock and the 10700 here is more expensive than even the 11600k so not really worth it

1 minute ago, PaniVirusGR said:

I have done many bios updates in the past and I have the PC connected to a UPS in case of power failure. I am mostly curious about the performance though.

4 hours ago, Dr0y said:

And yes ,I am also thinking that getting a DDR5 system in its early stages isn't a great idea.
But it is always good to take second opinions