Is my processor damaged

Go to solution Solved by xhackforeverxdx,
Just now, WickedThunder86 said:

Does that mean my CPU is okay?

I dont see a reason why it would not be okay cpus kinda never die ^^ they Out live even the mainboards 90% of the time and there usefullness 😄 

Hello,

I have a pentium G3220 that I got inside my uncles old computer because he was throwing it out when it didn't  work. I have isolated the problem to be  the motherboard, But then i found something:- there are few pads next to the heatspreader but one of them has some black substance on  it which I'm unable to remove with alcohol (it seems to be a burn mark). I have purchased a H81  motherboard  and it should come in a few days. Since that order is not returnable, please assist me. Also don't  mind the scratches on the IHS since my uncle took his heatsink on and off very frequently 

IMG_20210616_125636.jpg

20210616_125356.jpg

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

The pads on the bottom matter the ones on the top are test pads at best not sure 😄 

Just now, WickedThunder86 said:

I dont see a reason why it would not be okay cpus kinda never die ^^ they Out live even the mainboards 90% of the time and there usefullness 😄 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Ok then. I am gonna pray and wait until 19th June. 

1 minute ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Ok then. I am gonna pray and wait until 19th June. 

Just curious why do u try to revive this old system ? Even if the cpu would be broken ( its not ) u can get the cpu for like 7 euros on ebay ^^ 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Just curious why do u try to revive this old system ? Even if the cpu would be broken ( its not ) u can get the cpu for like 7 euros on ebay ^^ 

Because the motherboard of my macbook 2015 died and the only computer I have is a Computer with:-

Celeron 420

1 gb ddr2 ram

Integrated GMA 945 graphics 

80 gb hdd.

Also if I order from eBay it will take me 1-3 months to get the item and no seller is in my country. 

2 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Because the motherboard of my macbook 2015 died and the only computer I have is a Computer with:-

Celeron 420

1 gb ddr2 ram

Integrated GMA 945 graphics 

80 gb hdd.

Also if I order from eBay it will take me 1-3 months to get the item and no seller is in my country. 

Holy shit that sucks replacement boards for macbooks cost as much as the whole macbook itself 😄 well u dont really need to worry the cpu is fine ^^ i just hope u manage to get a real system after it 

On 6/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, xhackforeverxdx said:

Holy shit that sucks replacement boards for macbooks cost as much as the whole macbook itself 😄 well u dont really need to worry the cpu is fine ^^ i just hope u manage to get a real system after it 

You were right. Got my motherboard in the mail today and I immediately put the cpu in to see that would it post? and it did! I am currently installing my favorite OS (Debian 11)

IMG_20210619_114730.jpg