Help needed for very specific use case on i9-10980XE and Asus Prime X299-A II

Hi all,

First time post here so sorry if I'm doing something wrong! 

I run a high-end audio production studio and mastering facility running a piece of software called Pyramix, by Merging Technologies. This software uses RTX64 by IntervalZero to allocate CPU cores to use for DSP in this audio production software. (they call their use for RTX64 "Masscore").

We just got ourselves a really nice new computer to use for various tasks, among which this Pyramix software, and want to install this Masscore on it. However, we keep getting errors through the software, making it seem as though RTX64 doesn't like to communicate with the allocated cores. This results in the software not working.

We're trying to pinpoint the exact origins of the issue, and are thinking this might have to do with CPU power management features and C-states. The developers of the software say C3, C6, C7 and C8 should all be disabled for this to work, yet I can't find a simple "enable/disable" setting in the BIOS of our ASUS Prime X299-A II motherboard. I can set the Autonomous C-State setting to Auto, Disabled, and Enabled, though, and it might be the solution to our problem.

Is there anyone who could help me out with or advise me about this? Any help greatly appreciated and can be rewarded with some nice music we've recorded on vinyl or CD!

Thanks,

Brendon from TRPTK

PS: The exact specs of my system:

Intel Core i9-10980XE

ASUS Prime X299-A II

4x 8GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance LPX

Seasonic Focus 750Watt modular PSU

Very basic GT730 graphics card because it just needs to do audio

something this specific is probably going to need to be pointed at ASUS Support.  

Not many people are going to have to fool around with settings that granularly, so you may need to go to the manuf to get help.

But, maybe someone here will see it!

Thanks, tkitch! I tried contacting ASUS Support Netherlands for a while now but never get any response on emails. When I call them up they simply say the don't support motherboards on their phone support and that I have to write an email, unfortunately...

2 minutes ago, Brendon Heinst said:

Thanks, tkitch! I tried contacting ASUS Support Netherlands for a while now but never get any response on emails. When I call them up they simply say the don't support motherboards on their phone support and that I have to write an email, unfortunately...

Probably worth shooting them an email just so you have a line open with them.

This seems to be a pretty specific and unique issue and I agree with @tkitch that it's unlikely someone will be familiar with settings this granular in the BIOS. Sucks that all the time waiting for support is essentially lost productivity, though.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

8 minutes ago, Brendon Heinst said:

Try ASUS US then, you may have better luck?

38 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Try ASUS US then, you may have better luck?

I called them and got sent a form to fill in. Hopefully they can help, fingers crossed! Thanks for the tip!!

41 minutes ago, CT854 said:

This seems to be a pretty specific and unique issue and I agree with @tkitch that it's unlikely someone will be familiar with settings this granular in the BIOS. Sucks that all the time waiting for support is essentially lost productivity, though.

I can totally imagine. It's a long shot, of course. It does look like the C-state options are very similar across many ASUS motherboards, though, so perhaps someone might know how to disable C3, C6, C7 and C8. According to the folks over at IntervalZero, that should do the trick.