Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision Display Port - No Output, Red MoBo Error LED on Aorus Elite AC Z490

RooTs57
Go to solution Solved by RooTs57,
22 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Bad port on the GPU more then likely before anything wrong with the PCIE lane. Most is just a bad cable

Ok I tried another DP cable and different DP ports in the GPU and monitor and seems to have solved the issue, for now anyway.  DAMN Amazon DP cables. This is the second Amazon DP cable that has given me issues with this monitor (two different brands too), I tried the one that came with the G9 and everything booted up fine.  The only reason I went with a new one is because the original isn't quite long enough to route thru my cable mgmt path.  One main difference I noticed is the Samsung DP cable has ferrite cores at each end, the two Amazon ones didn't.  Anyways, thanks a million!  It could still be a bad port on the GPU, I'll trouble shoot that next and see if I can narrow it down to just the cable...hopefully

Cheers.

I just installed a GB 3080 Ti Vision (replacing an MSI 2070 Super) and I cant get the pc to boot properly using any of the DP outputs.  The BIOS post doesn't even show up.  It will boot just fine using an HDMI output, and then once its booted, I can switch to DP which will function, but it keeps giving me the red LED hardware error on the motherboard.  I updated to BIOS from F2 to F6c, released in Dec 2020.  There is a more recent BIOS, but that one is mainly for 11th gen Intel CPUs and PCIe 4.0, so I went with the one before that to be safe.  The BIOS update didn't help anyway.  Anybody have any idea why this is happening or how I can fix this?

Other Hardware:

i7-10700k

Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor

Corsair RM850x PSU

Just now, Shimejii said:

Check the DP cable you have or try another port of Dp and if they both dont work its something bad

ok I'll try another DP cable and also other ports in both GPU and monitor.  When you say bad, do you mean with the motherboard, or GPU?  I can handle a new board, GPU is a different story for obvious reasons.  Thanks though!

1 minute ago, RooTs57 said:

ok I'll try another DP cable and also other ports in both GPU and monitor.  When you say bad, do you mean with the motherboard, or GPU?  I can handle a new board, GPU is a different story for obvious reasons.  Thanks though!

Bad port on the GPU more then likely before anything wrong with the PCIE lane. Most is just a bad cable

22 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Ok I tried another DP cable and different DP ports in the GPU and monitor and seems to have solved the issue, for now anyway.  DAMN Amazon DP cables. This is the second Amazon DP cable that has given me issues with this monitor (two different brands too), I tried the one that came with the G9 and everything booted up fine.  The only reason I went with a new one is because the original isn't quite long enough to route thru my cable mgmt path.  One main difference I noticed is the Samsung DP cable has ferrite cores at each end, the two Amazon ones didn't.  Anyways, thanks a million!  It could still be a bad port on the GPU, I'll trouble shoot that next and see if I can narrow it down to just the cable...hopefully

Cheers.