Wireless headphones that have an audio out feature like the SteelSeries Arctis 7/9? Looking for specific features.

Mr-Newlove

Hello all,

My old razer headset is starting to kick the bucket, audio is fading in and out in both ears, they are well over 10 years old now and are falling apart so its time for new ones.

Right now I think the SteelSeries Arctis 9 is the only headset that offers the main features I am looking for:

- Wireless with 2.4Ghz for PC

- Bluetooth for listening to music on my phone or calls(Ideally switching while still connected to the PC)

- Some kind of audio out feature from the dongle so it will switch over to my speakers when I turn the headphones off

- Ideally retractable mic rather than removable

- Noise cancelation isn't really a must but nice.

- Minor water resistance would be great

Anyone have suggestions? I am having a hard time finding other headsets that include this in their marketing material.

4 hours ago, Mr-Newlove said:

Hello all,

My old razer headset is starting to kick the bucket, audio is fading in and out in both ears, they are well over 10 years old now and are falling apart so its time for new ones.

Right now I think the SteelSeries Arctis 9 is the only headset that offers the main features I am looking for:

- Wireless with 2.4Ghz for PC

- Bluetooth for listening to music on my phone or calls(Ideally switching while still connected to the PC)

- Some kind of audio out feature from the dongle so it will switch over to my speakers when I turn the headphones off

- Ideally retractable mic rather than removable

- Noise cancelation isn't really a must but nice.

- Minor water resistance would be great

Anyone have suggestions? I am having a hard time finding other headsets that include this in their marketing material.

Your hands are tied, there are for sure no wireless options that I’d recommend. I don’t recommend gaming headsets, or wireless headset for budgets under $300 for that matter (if sound quality is the priority), but if you do not prioritize sound, that’s fine. also, fully sized headphones with any sort of official ip rating is exceedingly rare although they may have some resistance to the elements. You have a very specific criteria that only a few headphones can fill, none of which I can name. The product you selected is probably among the few that will do everything you want in a single package- however, I can all but guarantee that it’ll be subpar in most to all of the categories you care about in terms of performance. There are other, less expensive, more competent alternatives out there in the form of either a product that requires some sacrifice, or products that do everything you need, but are split between multiple products. If you want to go this way, lmk what you’re willing to sacrifice (if anything), what your budget is, and which route you want to go down. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

13 hours ago, Mr-Newlove said:

Some kind of audio out feature from the dongle so it will switch over to my speakers when I turn the headphones off

Doesn't really do this doesn't have water resistance or anc but the audeze penrose is pretty great 

14 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Your hands are tied, there are for sure no wireless options that I’d recommend. I don’t recommend gaming headsets, or wireless headset for budgets under $300 for that matter (if sound quality is the priority), but if you do not prioritize sound, that’s fine. also, fully sized headphones with any sort of official ip rating is exceedingly rare although they may have some resistance to the elements. You have a very specific criteria that only a few headphones can fill, none of which I can name. The product you selected is probably among the few that will do everything you want in a single package- however, I can all but guarantee that it’ll be subpar in most to all of the categories you care about in terms of performance. There are other, less expensive, more competent alternatives out there in the form of either a product that requires some sacrifice, or products that do everything you need, but are split between multiple products. If you want to go this way, lmk what you’re willing to sacrifice (if anything), what your budget is, and which route you want to go down. 

Mostly ok with sacrificing form factor, budget can go as high as ~$300 CAD or so. Maybe a bit higher if they are like perfect.