S7 edge bootloop...

BunnyHunter67

As the title says, my s7 edge is boot looping. I took it to a t-mobile tech and they were unable to fix it. I've also tried factory wiping the phone and flashing it with new firmware using odin and neither has worked (Odin3 says it succeeded but the phone is no different after the whole process). After all of these options is it safe to say that the phone is done for? Or are there some other things I could try, thanks!

1 hour ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

As the title says, my s7 edge is boot looping. I took it to a t-mobile tech and they were unable to fix it. I've also tried factory wiping the phone and flashing it with new firmware using odin and neither has worked (Odin3 says it succeeded but the phone is no different after the whole process). After all of these options is it safe to say that the phone is done for? Or are there some other things I could try, thanks!

Samsung android phone yes?  The problem with t-mobile stores is you may get someone who knows more about sales and the t-mobile software products than the particulars of that device.  It’s hardware is going to be relatively unique to that model.  Might need a really specific venue like a Samsung tech or something.  Looking up the phone it apparently was announced in 2016

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-7945.php

so if it then came out in 2017 it would be a four year old design.  My memory is a lot of android stuff is only supported for 3 years or less so it might just be ewaste.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Samsung android phone yes?  The problem with t-mobile stores is you may get someone who knows more about sales and the t-mobile software products than the particulars of that device.  It’s hardware is going to be relatively unique to that model.  Might need a really specific venue like a Samsung tech or something.  Looking up the phone it apparently was announced in 2016

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-7945.php

so if it then came out in 2017 it would be a four year old design.  My memory is a lot of android stuff is only supported for 3 years or less so it might just be ewaste.

After posting my original post I found a program called twrp. I don't know if you know anything about the software bit it seems like it could fix my issue if I could find the right version to flash to my phone. 

28 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

After posting my original post I found a program called twrp

Thats also a flashing ROM, used to flash another ROM in. You could try load in something like LineageOS in it, but if even stock ROM specific to that T-Mobile S7 doesnt work, i doubt custom ROM could either.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

After posting my original post I found a program called twrp. I don't know if you know anything about the software bit it seems like it could fix my issue if I could find the right version to flash to my phone. 

TWRP may be able to help you out, but only just. For example if this is hardware related and not software, then TWRP can’t help. It may be worth flashing a different android OS to your phone to see if that works, but other than that I’m not quite sure what’s going on

13 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Thats also a flashing ROM, used to flash another ROM in. You could try load in something like LineageOS in it, but if even stock ROM specific to that T-Mobile S7 doesnt work, i doubt custom ROM could either.

Ah crap I just now realized I low key copied your comment, when you agree’d to my post all I had to do was look up and saw yours lol. I really am sorry about that, I need to start using my computer on the forums besides my stupid SE lol.